Cat advice

Merlin brought me a squirrel this morning, he loves pigeons, rats and a large fish from someones pond , the little shit lol

They train humans very well at feeding times
I deliberately don’t give my cat food at the same time each day. I don’t want to have to be in at certain times to feed her.

It only works as she doesn’t eat much and I only top up her bowl when food is quite low, when she’s not there.

ahh no mention of the vaccinations.

we are keeping him in. Got a double door to the room he’s in so fingers crossed he can’t “run” for it.

didn’t chip today. Didn’t do much of anything bar a quick check over and say “yeah he’s got a bad leg”! They did a check for other things, tried to check teeth but failed.
If your keeping him in.....don't shut him in a carpeted room or behind an expensive door ;) ...just saying!

Merlin brought me a squirrel this morning, he loves pigeons, rats and a large fish from someones pond , the little shit lol

They train humans very well at feeding times
Tig’s list of items brought in:
Frogs x2
Rocks x2
Moths x5

fast movers those rocks…

Random questions.

While the stray is unchipped and the like, we have asked around the neighbours to see if anyone knows of any owners. we have checked lost and found sites, we have checked for posters etc etc.

we are worried about paying loads on vet fees and then end up with an owner coming along and taking him away. having him chipped under our name isn't classed as legal ownership etc. question is at what point does he legally become our cat?

None of the local charities are being of any help. I think if we were not bothered about keeping him at the end and just dumped him at a vet he would get the free treatment needed and be sent to an adoption site. but as we want to keep him we are going to end up footing this bill.

Tempted to set up a go fund me to assist. hes a lot better in himself today but still cant put weight on the leg so Im starting to think it is broken. and that comes with probably a £1k vet bill on its own.

Random questions.

While the stray is unchipped and the like, we have asked around the neighbours to see if anyone knows of any owners. we have checked lost and found sites, we have checked for posters etc etc.

we are worried about paying loads on vet fees and then end up with an owner coming along and taking him away. having him chipped under our name isn't classed as legal ownership etc. question is at what point does he legally become our cat?

None of the local charities are being of any help. I think if we were not bothered about keeping him at the end and just dumped him at a vet he would get the free treatment needed and be sent to an adoption site. but as we want to keep him we are going to end up footing this bill.

Tempted to set up a go fund me to assist. hes a lot better in himself today but still cant put weight on the leg so Im starting to think it is broken. and that comes with probably a £1k vet bill on its own.
In Spain foundling dogs and cats if unchipped are simply not owned (according to the vets).
Once you get it chipped it belongs to you is the message here.

Random questions.

Start a Go Fund Me mate, get the link on here and spread it far and wide.

Random questions.

sounrds like he needs the xray

Chipping is not needed till you want to let him go out, a month in is plenty of time for someone to come foward and allows him to recover and bond with you, just put a breakable collar on with your address in case it gets out

To be honest if he had neither a collar or a chip someone didnt care much about him anyway

Dont think you can legally own a cat but chipping it is getting them back to you if he gets lost or hurt

sounrds like he needs the xray

Chipping is not needed till you want to let him go out, a month in is plenty of time for someone to come foward and allows him to recover and bond with you, just put a breakable collar on with your address in case it gets out

To be honest if he had neither a collar or a chip someone didnt care much about him anyway

Dont think you can legally own a cat but chipping it is getting them back to you if he gets lost or hurt

yeah he was clearly neglected, and not chipped or neutered so it does look like he wasnt cared for. he's litter trained so im wondering if he had a home growing up and they moved or something etc.

Start a Go Fund Me mate, get the link on here and spread it far and wide.

Yeah Im starting to think this is the best bet, I have spent far too much time away from work ( need to get some work done at some point, thankfully working from home so can do evenings too :) ) this week phoning vets and Charities etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.