Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

But why be frustrated, this is what I mean, I don't get it?

If you went last night to support the team then that's great, if you didn't go for whatever reason that's also alright. Pep's call to arms was basically saying "if" you can make it to support the team that'll be great, nothing more or nothing less
Depends. If thousands really are careless plastics then I'd feel bad about my club but I know that's not the case.

But why be frustrated, this is what I mean, I don't get it?

If you went last night to support the team then that's great, if you didn't go for whatever reason that's also alright. Pep's call to arms was basically saying "if" you can make it to support the team that'll be great, nothing more or nothing less
Then maybe he should have used the word IF we can make it. I am sitting here typing away this morning (not just on here I hasten to add but catching up on admin work) simply because I can't walk today as the arthritis in my feet is pretty bad after the walking to the stadium last night.
I know that this will happen and plan the day after a match around my limitations. But hey Guardiola who is bussed to the entrance and walks all of a few hundred yards to the dressing rooms feels that I am not doing enough!! Yes I am taking it personally because I care about my flaming team, the best team in the land in all the world.

I really should remember my mantra: Manager/coaches come and go, players come and go the one constant in my mind is Manchester City will always be there, the club will always be there.

We have a few issues that need sorted:

1. Club at times have taken advantage of our loyalty. Yes we won the lotto with the takeover but does that mean we can be forgotten as the club steams forward into unprecedented times? Nope!

2. Ticket prices- income is low on that front so take the hit and try to reach the casual new/ young fans once again.

3. We hate Uefa for the crap thrown at us everyday by the other fans and the media. It is exhausting.

4. We the fans have got used to winning. Can you win to much too soon? Have we lost our edge? Unprecedented amount of trophies have left us lethargic.

5. Cost- so many games per season we are not a money tree you can shake.

6. Covid had scared people and a lot would be hesitant on attending. I try to go as much as I can but with a child with complex needs it is difficult. Covid has shit on that.

7. local fans should not be attacked under any circumstances. Bang out of order Pep.

Overall, the attack on attendance does upset us all to a certain degree. The club need to do a lot more if we are to solve this problem collectively. Stop trying to grow CFG and get back to putting time and effort into the next generation of City fans. We have along way to go on this journey.
All valid points apart from number 7 which hasn't happened as far as I'm aware.

We have a few issues that need sorted:

1. Club at times have taken advantage of our loyalty. Yes we won the lotto with the takeover but does that mean we can be forgotten as the club steams forward into unprecedented times? Nope!

2. Ticket prices- income is low on that front so take the hit and try to reach the casual new/ young fans once again.

3. We hate Uefa for the crap thrown at us everyday by the other fans and the media. It is exhausting.

4. We the fans have got used to winning. Can you win to much too soon? Have we lost our edge? Unprecedented amount of trophies have left us lethargic.

5. Cost- so many games per season we are not a money tree you can shake.

6. Covid had scared people and a lot would be hesitant on attending. I try to go as much as I can but with a child with complex needs it is difficult. Covid has shit on that.

7. local fans should not be attacked under any circumstances. Bang out of order Pep.

Overall, the attack on attendance does upset us all to a certain degree. The club need to do a lot more if we are to solve this problem collectively. Stop trying to grow CFG and get back to putting time and effort into the next generation of City fans. We have along way to go on this journey.
You can't have gone yourself because the home ends were pretty much full regardless of what the BBC says

I’m not sure how much he would be embraced by much of Spain given his stance on Catalan independence.
I've said it before, I'll say it until he proves me wrong...

He'll leave City at the end of 22/23, take a very brief 'sabbatical', before taking over the Netherlands national team for the 2024 Euros in preparation for an all-out assault on the 2026 World Cup.

It's a Cruyff thing. He has an obsessive personality. He probably dreams of emulating/surpassing his hero.

Then maybe he should have used the word IF we can make it. I am sitting here typing away this morning (not just on here I hasten to add but catching up on admin work) simply because I can't walk today as the arthritis in my feet is pretty bad after the walking to the stadium last night.
I know that this will happen and plan the day after a match around my limitations. But hey Guardiola who is bussed to the entrance and walks all of a few hundred yards to the dressing rooms feels that I am not doing enough!! Yes I am taking it personally because I care about my flaming team, the best team in the land in all the world.

I really should remember my mantra: Manager/coaches come and go, players come and go the one constant in my mind is Manchester City will always be there, the club will always be there.
This is exactly what I'm not getting though, nobody has attacked the support of those attending, if anything he's championing it?

Nobody in there right mind would question your support to the club @Eccles Blue

The only thing I'd say about last night, is that where I sit there was a lot of new faces. Not your tourist type because I could hear Manc accents. But it was very noticeable how most of them were looking at their phones all night, and then there was the 80th minute rush to escape.
I don't understand why you would spend all that money on a ticket and then sit there texting your mates and barely watching the game? Weird.

I noticed this as well, there was an influx of folks that appeared to be at their first game. I saw two separate incidences of people trying to take pints back to their seat last night!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.