Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

38,062 is everywhere but that means 1 in 4 of the seats in the home end were empty.

Judge for yourself.

Fuck him off then
If that’s your attitude anyone can do it
I’d Rather have the best manager in the world than a cheerleader
Look across the road if you want a manager who does that and see where it gets him

Why do i have to look across the road for another fuck up in a big Champions League game?

Did you read the post?

38,000 fans for me is more than acceptable - seemingly not for Pep.

I don't care about the optics, I care about our manager and ownership being so stupidly detached.

Fans justifying their none attendance should not be required, but Pep's comments, without any prompting from the interviewer, have brought it into the public domain, because that's what HE wanted.

Not that it's anyone's business, but I've earned £40 this week, my income has always gone up and down, lost my business during Covid.

As someone who is rightly proud of being a City fan, I am simply sharing that because there are countless barriers to non-attendance across the board, yet Pep should somehow avoid the ire of people like me and thousands of others who feel smarted by an accusation of a lack of loyalty.

It was a crass attack on the supporter base as a whole, some pseudo reverse psycho ploy in his head, no doubt.

I'm going on Saturday in 93:20 because a family member is treating me to a ticket. My dad and son will be there because I've sorted them some comps.

This is an inner-City football club, with a demographic that Pep and his Catalan bubble are so far removed from.

I blame the club for that. They have focused so much on making everything 'just so' for him to achieve on the pitch, they have taken their eye off what truly made this club special off it.
Fully agreed on this.

The atmosphere is shite, The funny thing is though Pep has made us so good, so clinical that it's impossible to really get up for a game.

Last game I can remember with any relevance was the dippers one (2-1 Sane) and even that wasn't some title decider we just fucking hate the cunts.
We batter 99.9% teams we play so it's impossible to build any anger or need to drive the team on most weeks.

If we were fighting for our lives then the fans would probably naturally react.

The last two weeks though we have turned up as fans, shades on with a beer and sat back to watch us put 5 past two teams. Nice day out all round by all.

What do people expect, same atmosphere at full time in the QPR game as we put the 5th past Norwich?

Tension between Pep and fans is the last thing City need now. Give him the benefit of doubt (he's not a native speaker!) and move on. Remember, Pep praised the fans for attending games when City were in the lower leagues. He wants the best for City.

The most important thing is to keep winning trophies and finishing above rags and dippers while watching superb football. Clearly, rags and dippers are not happy about our dominance and want to discredit our success. Even if our squad was cheaper than theirs and our fan base was bigger, they'd still find "reasons" to belittle our club and history. They wouldn't do it if we were midtable. Fuck them.

The only thing he's guilty of is not having the self awareness to know its a criticism that's been unfairly labelled at us for a few years now and bringing it up has caused unnecessary friction amongst the fanbase.
No ground has the atmosphere of the old stadiums of the past mate. Football is more theatre these days. The only reason opposing fans keep having a go at us is simple, they can't have a go at anything else.
We have totally dominated English football for the last 5 years and they can't take it.
Enjoy it mate, I find it funny as fuck.

The atmosphere is shite, The funny thing is though Pep has made us so good, so clinical that it's impossible to really get up for a game.

Last game I can remember with any relevance was the dippers one (2-1 Sane) and even that wasn't some title decider we just fucking hate the cunts.
We batter 99.9% teams we play so it's impossible to build any anger or need to drive the team on most weeks.

If we were fighting for our lives then the fans would probably naturally react.

The last two weeks though we have turned up as fans, shades on with a beer and sat back to watch us put 5 past two teams. Nice day out all round by all.

What do people expect, same atmosphere at full time in the QPR game as we put the 5th past Norwich?
Lol!
Good points there mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.