Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Pep's fault fans were told to sit down. Fans were never told to "shut up" they are doing that by their own choice.
"He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us." "Pep seems to be out of touch" sounds like a post from the Daily Fail. He's speaking from a position of being in the presence of K38 + supporters who at times made less noise than 3,800, would you prefer if he was the only manager in the world not wanting more/louder support for the team.
You go last night? No different than most games so I'm not sure where your less noise than 3,800 comes from?

I replied earlier to this and now I have seen the video as last night I didn't after getting home from the game. My view has not changed that blues are being suckered by the media because of attendances as that is the only thing they can do to have a dig. Personally I interpreted Peps words as a rallying call not a condemnation of last nights crowd. I really think if you took offence at his words last night you have certainly interpreted his words different to me. Pep would never knowingly criticise supporters and he didn't last night. My advice to blues is don't fall into the media trap, they are hurting and you can read and see this in the ridiculous match reports and red propaganda they churn out.

PS. The railway children is an outdated story of no interest to todays kids and would not regain its popularity if they cast the "class of 92" as the children, train driver and every other outdated stereotype of English person in the original. Not sure where they would cast the pisscan though;-)
The fat controller freak?

I was at the game last night and really enjoyed it. I wasn’t sure if I could make it until yesterday morning though. I find it odd calling out blues for not going. There are loads of reasons people might not be able to go. Work commitments, midweek travel logistics, cost (even if the ticket was only £17.50 some people have a very tight budget), ticket issues (I’ve noticed an elderly lady who was at every game for years missing because she’d have to travel from Cheadle before each game to get a paper ticket).

In my opinion this is a storm in a teacup, regarding Pep’s comments. It’s up to City and UEFA to provide a product that is appealing and easy to access. Market forces will dictate.

Pep pleaded for the crowd to show up and be passionate on Saturday and they will. They will because it’s the Premier League and a Saturday 3pm kick off. If I had to choose between two fixtures I’d be going Saturday.

I was at the game last night and really enjoyed it. I wasn’t sure if I could make it until yesterday morning though. I find it odd calling out blues for not going. There are loads of reasons people might not be able to go. Work commitments, midweek travel logistics, cost (even if the ticket was only £17.50 some people have a very tight budget), ticket issues (I’ve noticed an elderly lady who was at every game for years missing because she’d have to travel from Cheadle before each game to get a paper ticket).

In my opinion this is a storm in a teacup, regarding Pep’s comments. It’s up to City and UEFA to provide a product that is appealing and easy to access. Market forces will dictate.

Pep pleaded for the crowd to show up and be passionate on Saturday and they will. They will because it’s the Premier League and a Saturday 3pm kick off. If I had to choose between two fixtures I’d be going Saturday.

Good points. Regarding the champions League the majority of fans know they have zero chance of getting a ticket if we get to the final no matter how many games they attend. This is often because UEFA will play it in a stadium with a low capacity. Even if the stadium has a high capacity the actual clubs allocation of tickets is paltry.

Spot on no offence was intended don't be fooled by the rag media.
He's damaged the club with his snide comments.

There will be a full house against Southampton irrespective of anything he has to say.

If he wanted to criticise the attendance last night he should have said so.

His buddies who run the club share a lot of the blame by complicating buying and transferring tickets to the point where many fans just gave up.

He really gets on my tits. Pep, win the CL and fuck off. The next manager will have sufficient funds and support to keep the club trundling along. We might even get lucky and get a manager who does give a fuck about City.

Not Pep's fault fans were told to sit down. Fans were never told to "shut up" they are doing that by their own choice.
"He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us." "Pep seems to be out of touch" sounds like a post from the Daily Fail. He's speaking from a position of being in the presence of K38 + supporters who at times made less noise than 3,800, would you prefer if he was the only manager in the world not wanting more/louder support for the team.
I'd prefer him to use his influence with his mates, who run the club, and find solutions to the problems fans face. Problems they have created.

And I'd prefer him to stop giving ammunition to the club's enemies.

I was there last night 9 goals decent crowd and personally thought atmosphere was ok .
Just heard Peps comments sounded to me like he was asking for a 12th man on Saturday...what is wrong with that ?
If bingo says this he's lorded as passionate.
But he ho why write about a team that had scored 16 home goals in 3 games when you can ask arsehole questions to a man who speaks good English but enough to be misquoted and they love it .
City 3 nil Saturday still no praise expected.
Onwards and upwards Fook em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.