Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

A 75 mile round trip for starters doesn't help, parking is a nightmare with most of the old car parks shut. Need to finish early at work which I can't always do to stand a chance of getting there over the Pennines.
I have a season ticket and attend all of the home and some away, whilst I enjoy it there are many other things in normal people's lives that they have to do and there are only so many hours in the day.
Pep and co. can moan but we don't all have an entourage who follow us around dealing with the day to day crap that the rest of us have to put up with.

In light of Pep's comments, if you're a season card holder, why didn't you buy a ticket and go last night?

It isn't a go at people because I'm a season card holder and haven't been to a CL game since the Liverpool quarter final
In my case it comes down to cost
I spend nearly £800 on a season card and that's enough.
My exception would be for very special games or very competitively priced matches

Other priorities for me. I’m in the cup scheme so offered it free of charge on here (as did others) and my ticket went to another blue who had a cracking time.

Curious as to why are you only asking those of us with a season ticket? Not a dig at the question mate as many, like you, have already invested a fair bit of hard earned on supporting us. Perhaps a fairer question would be “In light of Pep's comments why didn't you buy a ticket and go last night?”

Can't be arsed going to Champions League games anymore. Happy for us to commit to the competition as a club, but a few years ago I changed jobs and getting home in time to get back to the Etihad was too difficult. Got out of the habit of going to games and started watching on TV instead.

Still go to every league game (season ticket holder) and will try to get tickets for later rounds in the FA Cup & Carabao, but the "matchday experience" of a Champions League game is as dull as sin and the feeling of being in the Champions League is very rarely worth the hassle of getting to games on a weeknight for me.

It all gets to be too expensive in the end. Cup schemes, cup tickets, drink at the game, petrol, etc. Easier to stay in.

Because I didnt get paid. I can only usually afford the early CL games and the "Burnley" games, otherwise priced out of the big games. But this one, we checked when I got paid and we bought the usual cheaper PL games but the CL tickets werent available.

TBH I want to be there and supporting the boys, they need it as much as our opposition have it. I want our team to well supported for what they're doing right now, its been magical.

Get paid again in 6 days and will be buying some more tickets inc CL.

And I wish I could get a season ticket, so seeing some people not going when they can is like fuckoff wtf ffs arggh

You don’t need a season ticket to buy tickets for CL games though do you? It weren’t sold out last night was it? So why single out those with them.

Money and/or time is probably the reason for majority of us, season ticket or no season ticket.

I was there but would never criticise anyone for not attending. It is bloody expensive attending matches (not the ticket costs) but the accumulation of transport and food costs etc. I am semi-retired and can afford the time but it must be nigh-on impossible for people in full-time work with children. There are just too many obstacles involved in going to night matches. If you can get past the M60 in rushhour there are few parking spaces near the ground. The public transport is a disgrace and much worse than it was ten years ago. The last train to Preston last night was 10.31 (no chance without leaving early) then it was replacement buses, few trams, and no buses. The experience of getting to and from the stadium is truly shite.
Our hard-core fanbase is brilliant as shown by the amazing support shown for 90 minutes at Leicester and the thousands we always take to European aways. Pep should talk about that a bit more. The atmosphere at his beloved Nou Camp is, in my view, one of the worst in Europe. It is never full and is dominated by tourists and plastics. I have been there three times with City. Barca have also got a shit away following. I don't recall him mentioning that before.

In light of Pep's comments, if you're a season card holder, why didn't you buy a ticket and go last night?

It isn't a go at people because I'm a season card holder and haven't been to a CL game since the Liverpool quarter final
My exception would be for very special games or very competitively priced matches
I was waiting for the foreign tourist supporters club coach, but it didn't arrive at the airport on time, sorry pep

You don’t need a season ticket to buy tickets for CL games though do you? It weren’t sold out last night was it? So why single out those with them.

Money and/or time is probably the reason for majority of us, season ticket or no season ticket.
No you dont need a ST to buy CL. They just werent available, not for sale when I last got paid so I didnt get the chance to even buy them for the Leipzig or I would have gone because they're the only ones I can afford, IE the cheaper PL games like Burnley or the dead rubber early games in the CL

I’ve had a season ticket since 1983 and only ever been to one Champions League game, that was the first one against Napoli way back when.

Honestly, I’m not that interested in it. I do go to all the FA Cup and League Cup games and will watch the European games on telly but have never summoned up the enthusiasm to go to one.

The team manager should be asking that question of the operational managers. They'll know precisely the demographic of the person not taking up a ticket. Their postcode, the time they arrive at the ground, the percentage of games they sit out, whether they attend women / reserves / youth games.

The only person surprised at last night's attendance seems to be Pep.

After going to all home CL games and a fair few aways I decided to stop after the Madrid semi, I did also do the dipper game but that was because it was an English club otherwise I'd have not bothered.

I am a digicard holder and do all domestic home games & some away. What tipped me over the edge was a combination of things like banned CSKA fans sat behind me, random people around me, the club giving tickets away but expecting us to pay full wack, generally slow stop start football (that's not as bad now), UEFA & their friends ripping us off on the pitch etc.

It's a strange thing whenever I'm watching us on tv & I include the EDS lads in that and the ladies I stand in the lounge watching on my TV but give me a CL game I sit and watch with my vocal level below that to annoy the neighbours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.