RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

Any criticism of Ake for last night, in which I actually thought he had his best game for us, pales in to insignificance as his father died during the game.

I guess we know now why he had to leave the Dutch camp early.

incredibly gut wrenching to read his post. can’t imagine how he must have felt being on the pitch and not by his side.

Any criticism of Ake for last night, in which I actually thought he had his best game for us, pales in to insignificance as his father died during the game.

I have just seen his statement I'm amazed he played at all. Poor bloke.

Reactions: cbl

So sad, and just reinforces football isn't the be all and end all. There are much more important things in life.

Just how I saw it. Am entertaining game against a team who had a go. We could have had ten. Some poor defending but that was down to complacency and absentees. The result was never in any doubt whatsoever. Thoroughly enjoyed it and so did my lads.

Give the opponent their due, they kept on coming and never went for damage limitation.

I would expect us to be more focused against a stronger opponent.

Give the opponent their due, they kept on coming and never went for damage limitation.

I would expect us to be more focused against a stronger opponent.
Definitely. And with stronger personnel. The three conceded do not worry me one little bit. We dominated and looked like scoring with every attack. And I quite enjoyed how every single time they scored we just got annoyed and went up the other end and scored immediately. I remember a couple of games like that a few years ago. Arsenal and Stoke spring to mind but there might have been others, maybe a CL game. Burrusia Monchengladbach from memory?

Totally agree.
I agree with that comment although I wasn’t there 300 mile round trip and work commitments it looked a decent crowd to me and the vocal support was good. Only problem was listening to Darke with his stuck record on 100m jack. No mention of 97m on lukako or the vast sums spent by the rag losers. I’ll be there Saturday!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.