Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

For some reason, we nearly always seem to struggle selling tickets for our first CL home game, and the Ticket Office hardly covers itself in glory by seemingly leaving everything till the last minute.

However, I've got plenty of comfortably well-off mates who don't bother with the CL, and I honestly think it's more to do with the hassle of crap public transport and appalling traffic (particularly when travelling South to Stockport/Hazel Grove/Whaley Bridge etc) than the actual cost of the ticket.

Last night I got home at midnight which is ridiculous for somebody who lives less than 20 miles from the ETIHAD.

I'm pretty sure that if United's Cup Schemes weren't compulsory they'd be in exactly the same boat.

I didn't go last night made a choice a couple of years ago league Cup and fa cup only I don't do chumps league many for the cost, and yes I would go to the final if I got a ticket couldn't get one for Porto or would of gone, I have 4 tickets to buy so something had to give, bothered me at first but I'm cool with it now.

I decided way back in the initial covid lock-down, that I wouldn`t be renewing my Season Ticket any longer and will only attending games as and when I can bothered but probably only twice a year.
At 71 I`ve seen and done it all with City, hitch-hiking both to English grounds and also Bilbo and Vienna, attended about 1500 games and saw something I never thought would happen, when we won our first PL and subsequently more since.
Its the travelling ,queueing, parking and walking with my elbow crutches that have made me realise that I can watch the game through the comfort of my home or even better watching it at my local boozer The George and Dragon here in likul ol` Winsford.
Its now been near on 18 months since I least attended a game and can honestly say I`ve not missed not seeing my beloved Blues in the flesh.
Who knows, things may change in the future but at the moment I`m doing OK.

I was there but would never criticise anyone for not attending. It is bloody expensive attending matches (not the ticket costs) but the accumulation of transport and food costs etc. I am semi-retired and can afford the time but it must be nigh-on impossible for people in full-time work with children. There are just too many obstacles involved in going to night matches. If you can get past the M60 in rushhour there are few parking spaces near the ground. The public transport is a disgrace and much worse than it was ten years ago. The last train to Preston last night was 10.31 (no chance without leaving early) then it was replacement buses, few trams, and no buses. The experience of getting to and from the stadium is truly shite.
Our hard-core fanbase is brilliant as shown by the amazing support shown for 90 minutes at Leicester and the thousands we always take to European aways. Pep should talk about that a bit more. The atmosphere at his beloved Nou Camp is, in my view, one of the worst in Europe. It is never full and is dominated by tourists and plastics. I have been there three times with City. Barca have also got a shit away following. I don't recall him mentioning that before.
I like you was there last night and never miss a match but I would never criticise anybody who did not attend because everybody circumstances are different. Regards to the manager's comments he should by now be careful in answering journalists questions which in the main are just traps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.