Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that if Pep wants to have a pop at the fans he should do it on City tv, or City’s website, or on the pitch with a microphone at City’s ground. To do it on BT Sports, who hardly need an excuse to have a pop at us, is really fucking sly and frankly rather pathetic. I still forgive and love the back stabbing bald fraud though

Just logged in to mention this. On ESPN Soccer website - "Man City survive Nkunku triple in 9-goal thriller". 6-3 win not 5-4, mind you. Article below this - "Liverpool beat Milan in Champions League classic" when the dippers just barely won 3-2.
Yup! Your post took me back a few years and made me smile! (and btw, there was a similar 'City in 9-goal thriller' on the BBC footy page when I was travelling back from the match last night on the train).

Now, I remember the days (eg 1962, opening day of the new season) when 'City in 9-goal thriller' headlines referred to us getting thrashed 8-1 at Molineux by Wolves.. and even our goal was an own goal scored by Wolves!.

I've pretty much seen it all with our wonderful club. Warts and all, I wouldn't change a thing, as the highs have been amazing, ecstatic moments, while the lows have been.. well let's just say they've been 'character forming'!!

One thing that has been consistent, though, is the English media's obsession with certain favoured clubs (and yes, you don't have to be a genius to work out it's always been The Red Filth, The Scouse Filth and The Tarquins in my time on this rock we are all hurtling through space-time on, no matter how poorly they each may have been performing). And no matter how good we may have been at any stage, like many another club in this country, the English media would never truly acknowledge the quality or success in the same way as it would those 'favoured' clubs.

We're not getting any recognition any time soon, despite playing the greatest, most fluid, most progressive football I've ever seen in this country (and that includes the beautiful achievements of the Spurs 'double' team under Bill Nicholson, Cloughie's Forest, Kendall's Everton, Dalglish's Liverpool and Wenger's first Arsenal side).

The English football media is, by and large, partial, venal and pretty dumb, interested only in revenue and click-bait. Can't be arsed with them. And anyway, why should any of us be? We've got enough on our plates keeping up with Pep and the boys and the incredible football they've been serving up for the past few years..!!

Last edited:
I was there last night 9 goals decent crowd and personally thought atmosphere was ok .
Just heard Peps comments sounded to me like he was asking for a 12th man on Saturday...what is wrong with that ?
If bingo says this he's lorded as passionate.
But he ho why write about a team that had scored 16 home goals in 3 games when you can ask arsehole questions to a man who speaks good English but enough to be misquoted and they love it .
City 3 nil Saturday still no praise expected.
Onwards and upwards Fook em all.
He should have said that then. Instead of I invite all our people here for 3pm on Saturday. Which to me means come and fill the stadium and not make a noise. He speaks good enough English for things not to be lost in translation.

Yup! Your post took me back a few years and made me smile! (and btw, there was a similar 'City in 9-goal thriller' on the BBC footy page when I was travelling back from the match last night on the train).

Now, I remember the days (eg 1962, opening day of the new season) when 'City in 9-goal thriller' headlines referred to us getting thrashed 8-1 at Molineux by Wolves.. and even our goal was an own goal scored by Wolves!.

I've pretty much seen it all with our wonderful club. Warts and all, I wouldn't change a thing, as the highs have been amazing, ecstatic moments, while the lows have been.. well let's just say they've been 'character forming'!!

One thing that has been consistent, though, is the English media's obsession with certain favoured clubs (and yes, you don't have to be a genius to work out it's always been The Red Filth, The Scouse Filth and The Tarquins in my time on this rock we are all hurtling through space-time on, no matter how poorly they each may been performing). And no matter how good we may been at any stage, like many another club in this country, the English media would never truly acknowledge the quality or success on the same way as it would those 'favoured' clubs.

We're not getting any recognition any time soon, despite playing the greatest, most fluid, most progressive football I've ever seen in this country (and that includes the beautiful achievements of the Spurs 'double' team under Bill Nicholson, Cloughie's Forest, Kendall's Everton, Dalglish's Liverpool and Wenger's first Arsenal side).

The English football media is, by and large, partial, venal and pretty dumb, interested only in revenue and click-bait. Can't be arsed with them. And anyway, why should any of us be? We've got enough on our plates keeping up with Pep and the boys and the incredible football they've been serving up for the past few years..!!
I suppose we survived a 9 goal thriller at home to Burton as well;)

The only time City make the Daily United headline is when they're taking the piss via.....

If the stadium is full on Saturday it's because Pep asked City fans to fill it.

If the stadium isn't full on Saturday it's because City fans can't fill it, even when Pep asked City fans to fill it.

And so this (Emptyhad narrative) continues past Saturday.

I haven't got much time for Kevin Parker, but he's right. Pep should stick to coaching the team and playing matters. Pep doesn't need to encourage and continue the on-going Emtyhad narrative and attacks on our support via his comments. It's not the 1st time either.

17,000 empty seasts???? So now the crowd was only 35,000!! according to the Daily United.

And there is a prime example of how the Rag media manipulated and twisted Pep's comments to make an untruthful attendance figure up.

Shut it Pep!

And for good measure, a Liverpool advert above the headline article.

7-A044434-598-E-444-F-8847-2-C3-ADAA6-A7-E2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.