#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary Walker for the big games where his power defending had saved our asses so many times. Cancelo on the left or vs weaker opposition that has to be broken down.
I think it depends. Against a team that has good counter attacking like Leicester you need Walker. Leicester are fine with letting us have the ball and then breaking quickly with all the space in behind. Last season against Liverpool Pep went with Zinchenko and Cancelo. The thinking here is that you need players good on the ball to beat a press.

I’ve long preferred Cancelo to Walker. However, I’d be loath to drop Kyle and waste a really useful and ballsy player. I’d therefore settle for Walker on the right, Cancelo on the left, in most games even though not ideal from Cancelo’s viewpoint.

Hopefully he’ll stay with us and switch to the right once Walker’s pace drops off.

He can be a slapped arse at times but, for me, he recalls the spirit of watching flamboyant Brazilians when I was growing up.

I’ve long preferred Cancelo to Walker. However, I’d be loath to drop Kyle and waste a really useful and ballsy player. I’d therefore settle for Walker on the right, Cancelo on the left, in most games even though not ideal from Cancelo’s viewpoint.

Hopefully he’ll stay with us and switch to the right once Walker’s pace drops off.

He can be a slapped arse at times but, for me, he recalls the spirit of watching flamboyant Brazilians when I was growing up.

More or less my thoughts too. I think we just need to get Cancelo as comfortable as possible playing down the left - it's a waste of either of them to be on the bench IMO. Two genuine world class fullbacks.

Given we have seen the the Walker RB and Cancelo LB line up in most of the league games so far, I think it's in Pep's plans too this season.

Incredibly frustrating player. As has been said, the gap between his best and worst is mammoth. I feel like he's the kind of guy that has too much going on in his head.

Was he that bad today? I thought he was okay. wasn't overly dissatisfied with his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.