Misplaced Mancunia (music thread)

Stoned Rose

Following the success of the The Fall (mine) and the Old Skool (credit to OP) threads I wanted to start a new thread.

One for any Manchester based music that would come under the description of "lost" or "forgotten" or "no one else I know, knows this tune".

Any genre, any era, as long as Manchester based or some kind of Mancunian link.

I'll start us off with these 3.

The Desert Wolves - fizzled out after a couple of releases. Smiths esque.

Johnny Dangerously. Went on to front I am Kloot.

Wonky Alice - early 90s era. Some proper little belters but didn't really take off.

I remember the Desert Wolves and Johnny Dangerously...Wonky Alice sounds familiar.
I'll put this one in...I know it's in the other thread, but it's gotta be in this one too.
The Monkey Run (from Middleton) with Falling Upstairs. From around 1988, i think.

Mc Buzz B (Shaun Braithwaite from South Manchester) with his brilliant haunting environmental rap tune The Last Tree from around 1989. Class. 1991, i mean. ha.

Last edited:
Following the success of the The Fall (mine) and the Old Skool (credit to OP) threads I wanted to start a new thread.

One for any Manchester based music that would come under the description of "lost" or "forgotten" or "no one else I know, knows this tune".

Any genre, any era, as long as Manchester based or some kind of Mancunian link.

I'll start us off with these 3.

The Desert Wolves - fizzled out after a couple of releases. Smiths esque.

Johnny Dangerously. Went on to front I am Kloot.

Wonky Alice - early 90s era. Some proper little belters but didn't really take off.

The Wonky Alice tune is a belter....they must have got lost with all the other bands in the early 90s. A few years earlier and they would have been more successful, I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.