Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we’re unlikely to get a better manager than Pep.
My hope is that by the time Pep does go then Tuchel gets it. Given Chelsea’s managerial merry go round when often at the first sign of a slide they sack the manager then the stars may align for us.
I’ve always thought Rodgers is s good manager who would relish the step up.
Otherwise I’m not really sure

I'd have Rodgers after Pep.

I'm sure we will but actively wanting him out now would just about make us the most stupid fanbase in the world.
Which isn't beyond the realms of possibility if the last 2 days are anything to go by.
I wouldn't want him to go, i hope he stays for a long time.
I was just stating that Manchester City FC are bigger than any manager and we'll still win trophies after he's gone imo

Let’s face it Roberto Mancini is not going to return to manage City, much though we all loved his time in charge.

The circumstances of his departure not that long after signing a contract extension will have left an indelible mark on the club hierarchy. The cost of his dismissal plus his back-up team was what put City into their first brush with FFP rules.

Besides reappointing a former managers is usually a mistake. Remember Malcolm Allison’s disastrous second term? Remember Howard coming back to Everton twice with horrible results? Kenny Dalgliesh at Liverpool is another example. Matt Busby returned to United with indifferent results after the Wilf McGuinness fiasco.

I’m wary of this simmering “Bob the Manc got us” versus Pep. Let’s get it straight, Mancini has a very simple act he follows everywhere he goes. And Italians I know shake their heads at his predictable schtick, but it works to get the supporters on side.
Mancini, like all top managers is about No1 and will do anything to get there. That’s why you hire them but genius comes with a bit of baggage. Otherwise you’d get a nodding gnome like the odd lot.
In a way, Pep is doing what Mancini did really. Trying to build a bit of momentum in the stands. But whereas Bob kept distance from the management, sensibly allying with the fans for leverage, Pep is inevitably going to be seen to be closer to hierarchy.
I’ve calmed down since he spoke but I still can’t accept the blatant moneyball strategy. Imo that’s the root cause of simmering tension between supporters and the club. Isnt it inevitable that a big time strategy grafted onto a very grounded and family club has consequences? And he’s kind of guilty by association. Pep’s in a tricky situation where despite having our backs on many more occasions than RM he’s being played off by Mancinis scarf.
The MSM will leech off any discord to drive a wedge. We should be wary imo. And trolls in Plymouth, Abuja or Singapore? We really shouldn’t give a fuck. A LOT of people would like to see the back of Pep.

Man blew his entire reputation by joining us. Wins the fucking lot and a two bit wanker asks him in the press conference if he is getting money on the side from UAE.

This is the same man who said he wouldn't leave City even if UEFA/CAS/FA relegated us to Championship for the alleged FFP violations.

The same man who has gone to bat for us calling out United, Liverpool, UEFA, Arsenal, Tebas, etc. multiple times. Remember "Don't talk behind our back, focus on the pitch"?

The same man who has completely submerged himself into the culture of this City.

The same man who has constantly talked about the Summerbee, Lee and Bell as the legends of the club and what they did in the 70s.

When the fuck did Mancini ever talk like that? Does he even know who Colin Bell is?

Fuckin "he doesn't get us" shite. Absolute moronic nonsense peddled by grade-A wankers.

Thats some man crush you have there:-)

Is the thread name change serious? @mccity @Ric Surely a better thread subject could have been used

I find it quite disingenuous to make it look like 110 pages would have been discussed on the topic of any future replacement when our greatest manger ever is loyal, still firmly committed and steadily at the helm

Surely we are better than that and he deserves more respect

Hugely disappointing @Churchlawtonblue you should hang your head in shame

Last edited:
Man blew his entire reputation by joining us. Wins the fucking lot and a two bit wanker asks him in the press conference if he is getting money on the side from UAE.

This is the same man who said he wouldn't leave City even if UEFA/CAS/FA relegated us to Championship for the alleged FFP violations.

The same man who has gone to bat for us calling out United, Liverpool, UEFA, Arsenal, Tebas, etc. multiple times. Remember "Don't talk behind our back, focus on the pitch"?

The same man who has completely submerged himself into the culture of this City.

The same man who has constantly talked about the Summerbee, Lee and Bell as the legends of the club and what they did in the 70s.

When the fuck did Mancini ever talk like that? Does he even know who Colin Bell is?

Fuckin "he doesn't get us" shite. Absolute moronic nonsense peddled by grade-A wankers.
Amen brother!!

Pep said somthing about the ground not being full and now he is a pariah of the club and should go cmon get a grip . He has never had any emotional attachment to man city and was brought in to do s job which he has greatly but now suddenly he is Looking for way out . He will go when his contract expires .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.