Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

The media are loving this. How many fans are soft enough to be upset by what Pep said - something that has been wonderfully twisted by all our enemies.

We should draw a line under this subject & stop giving the shitty papers & evil Sky more ammunition
He shouldn’t have said anything. It’s like when he called us a small club with no history compared to the ushisteds of this world, why? What have we gained from him saying anything and then doubling down on his comments. Like you said it’s given the media ammo to fire at us and they are loving it.

Don't know if it's been said already but I really don't have a clue why media and fans of other clubs are unbelievable obseesed with attendances. The only reason I can think they keep banging on about it is that they can't criticize anything else. I just say to them "Stop focusing on how many fans are there and watch the good football you are going to watch".

To me it stupid, childish and pointless and you don't win any award for having more fans in your stadium.

Last edited:
I was there but would never criticise anyone for not attending. It is bloody expensive attending matches (not the ticket costs) but the accumulation of transport and food costs etc. I am semi-retired and can afford the time but it must be nigh-on impossible for people in full-time work with children. There are just too many obstacles involved in going to night matches. If you can get past the M60 in rushhour there are few parking spaces near the ground. The public transport is a disgrace and much worse than it was ten years ago. The last train to Preston last night was 10.31 (no chance without leaving early) then it was replacement buses, few trams, and no buses. The experience of getting to and from the stadium is truly shite.
Our hard-core fanbase is brilliant as shown by the amazing support shown for 90 minutes at Leicester and the thousands we always take to European aways. Pep should talk about that a bit more. The atmosphere at his beloved Nou Camp is, in my view, one of the worst in Europe. It is never full and is dominated by tourists and plastics. I have been there three times with City. Barca have also got a shit away following. I don't recall him mentioning that before.
Agree with a lot of that but we left at the end, caught the 10.27, after I'd shopped for a bevvy on the way home. Its possible but you have to move it. Are the late train/buses an ongoing problem?

He shouldn’t have said anything. It’s like when he called us a small club with no history compared to the ushisteds of this world, why? What have we gained from him saying anything and then doubling down on his comments. Like you said it’s given the media ammo to fire at us and they are loving it.

Sometimes he’s taking the piss out of the reporters. Bit too subtle for the media sometimes :) :). As a Blue , it goes over my head.

This has escalated beyond what it should of been. Happens at least 1 once a season after a poor attendance in a cup.

We dont need supporters getting the backs up...We dont need Pep getting his guard up.

Behind the scenes - fans know what their individual situations are and the requests to the club to improve ticketing and customer support.

A statement from the OSC stating we will continue to support the club and defend our trophies...any day of the week would of been enough.

Media love a storm in a tea cup. So lets not give them the pleasure.

Defend your corner your pride and integrity blues. Envy and jealousy is rip in football. We're hardcore, loyal and Champions of England.

Don't know if it's been said already but I really don't have a clue why media and fabs of other club are unbelievable obseesed with attendances. The only reason I can think they keep banging on about it is that they can't criticize anything else. I just say to them "Stop focusing on how many fans are there and watch the good football you are going to watch".

To me it stupid, childish and pointless and you don't win any award for having more fans in your stadium.

When you can't compete on the pitch you find something else to "win." Should be water off a duck's back for us, honestly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.