Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to Mancini being impossible, it would have to be Rodgers for me. After detesting him during his Liverpool days, I've actually had to accept that he clearly is a decent manager.
Mancini is probably finished at top club management. His approach is too abrasive for this generation of footballers for any length of time.

International management suits his style as he can galvanise a squad for short periods of time and the players all return to their clubs before his brashness outstays its welcome.

Last edited:
Mancini is probably finished at too club management. His approach is too abrasive for this generation of footballers for any length of time.

International management suits his style as he can galvanise a squad for short periods of time and the players all return to their clubs before his brashness outstays its welcome.
Listening to former players talking about Mancini on Nedem's podcasts I have to agree, seems he’s not a likeable man manager.

I think there has been a mass over reaction to what he said after the game. We have to be honest and accept that he is right, too many times the atmosphere at our home games is not as intense as many other sides. We are not making home a fortress and there have been times in games that only a minority try to get the singing and chanting going - Maybe it's because we expect to win all the time because during the bigger games the atmosphere is great so we know it can happen. There seems to be a lot of apathy at present - I myself rarely watch any national games or other teams games anymore because there is far too much content out there - it has diluted the excitement of waiting for the next game and genuinely being excited about it.

Pep wants more, he demands from his players and now he has demanded a bit more from us - nothing wrong with that. I look at Dortmund and dare I say the Klanfield mob who raise the roof on most matches. We could do that? Let's hope everyone buys into it tomorrow - I will be singing away but have to admit there are some right miserable buggers who sit near me who only come to life when there is something to moan about...sounds indicative of life in general at the moment ha!

Onto Pep leaving, I don't think for one minute he will leave early in fact may do one more year - there is no other club job where he would get so much free-reign and that is the key. At Bayern people interfered and he left after his single contract. The only job he leaves us for is, after a rest, a national team one. When he does go we will replace him with someone not on the radar at the moment - a coach who is only just beginning to show how good they will be by 2024 and beyond so I for one will not be worrying about it.
Mate the bit I have I put in bold is an absolute myth - Anfield is as good or as shite as pretty much every other ground in the country pending the football on display, the importance and rivalry etc.

It too has its days where it is an absolute morgue.............

the media want this to be never ending problem till city is down .

The media just want to generate revenue. All they're doing is pandering to the jealous rival fans and the ever offended blues among us. A click is a click.

I was pissed off with Pep the other night. Not even really because of what he said, but the fact that he did exactly the same thing a couple of years ago and the outcome was the same. He just puts his foot in it more often than he should but it is what it is.

I think the only ones still banging on about it like it was a personal affront just need to try to be a little less sensitive. And then there are the others who have been intermittently whinging about him since he got here.

Don’t want to think about it. It will be the end of player development as we currently know it. He’s a master & should be appreciated
I believe we can both appreciate him and also not be happy with a public criticism (or whatever you want to call it) of the club's support / attendance / atmosphere etc.......

Anybody who will play a proper centre forward ;)

To be honest our goals come from everywhere, without checking I'd guess that both last season and this so far we have more different scorers than anyother top team in world football.

The proper answer is I don't know but hopefully someone forward thinking and not someone who will bring old ideas or is errr too old.
You'll be wanting a proper left back next :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.