Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Inter Me Nan I think peps comments have come at a time when a hell of a lot of the fan base are pissed off re tickets. Now, 3 games in I can't open Google pay and see my Southampton ticket which had been there for days.
Yes we may have over reacted but right now I feel like saying city can do one. At the moment my options seem to be turn up early, find a steward and get him to sort it.
I get he wasn't attacking us and if it had been said in December when the shit has settled with the tickets it would have been ignored

Reactions: PPT
@Inter Me Nan I think peps comments have come at a time when a hell of a lot of the fan base are pissed off re tickets. Now, 3 games in I can't open Google pay and see my Southampton ticket which had been there for days.
Yes we may have over reacted but right now I feel like saying city can do one. At the moment my options seem to be turn up early, find a steward and get him to sort it.
I get he wasn't attacking us and if it had been said in December when the shit has settled with the tickets it would have been ignored
That's fair enough mate, no argument with any of that.

For all those who cast doubt on what he meant I think his pre match interview made it crystal clear.
He saw the players were out on their feet post Leipzig and wanted to give a rallying call for Saturday.
His choice of words on the night may not have conferred that meaning with as much clarity as he liked which is where the problem lay, his English is much better than my Spanish or Basque.
Can we get of his case now?
The Media want this driven as a wedge issue and their questioning made that perfectly apparent - asking for a fucking apology, get fucked you ****. I love the way he pulled the first journalist re that question he asked and told him point blank it was based on a total misinterpretation of what he said.
Of course hes not perfect and makes the odd gaffe like most people however there is no-one - NO-ONE else I would prefer coaching my football club!
Having spent the entirety of my life supporting this club, like a lot of others most of my youth was spent travelling to shitholes watching us battle it out on the pitch and have to fight our way back to our transport on occasion against Wankchester Rovers or the like, todays team is like some Utopian dream. We had no prospect of winning anything shiny, but that didn't matter. I was pleased and proud to hear him say we don't want to be like Rags or Scousers fanbases we want to be us and he likes being us.
To listen to some of the self-entitled shite on here the last day or so makes my blood boil. Who wins if Pep gets pissed off and leaves? Only our enemies - so who do you think is making this molehill seem like mount Everest?
Anyway Ive said my piece.

Peps words were poorly chosen, I understand its not his first language and the media will deliberately mis-interpret things for a story but he came out with it completely off his own back, there was no need to say it, it's started all this and it wouldn't have happened if he just kept his mouth shut.

I didn't have any issue with the supporters response up until the last line. It was such a snidey comment to add in at the end to tell him to stick to managing. Even if its meant tongue in cheek as I suspect, this isn't a WhatsApp message between two mates ribbing one another its sent out into the public and all over the media, only a complete berk would do that.

Peps comments today do clarify what his intentions were but the damage is done now, between peps ill-choice of words, parkers raggish snidey unnecessary dig and the media sniffing for a story they've managed to make a mountain from a mole hill.
To be fair to Guardiola his English is better than mine (not really saying much), so the sinic in me says at best he was quite happy to leave it slightly ambiguous..........

I see we made the main headline in the sports section of the Mail today. Now there’s a fucking surprise and the rags losing even more money hid further down. The Cunts

For all those who cast doubt on what he meant I think his pre match interview made it crystal clear.
He saw the players were out on their feet post Leipzig and wanted to give a rallying call for Saturday.
His choice of words on the night may not have conferred that meaning with as much clarity as he liked which is where the problem lay, his English is much better than my Spanish or Basque.
The Media want this driven as a wedge issue and their questioning made that perfectly apparent - asking for a fucking apology, get fucked you ****. I love the way he pulled the first journalist re that question he asked and told him point blank it was based on a total misinterpretation of what he said.
Of course hes not perfect and makes the odd gaffe like most people however there is no-one - NO-ONE else I would prefer coaching my football club!
Having spent the entirety of my life supporting this club, like a lot of others most of my youth was spent travelling to shitholes watching us battle it out on the pitch and have to fight our way back to our transport on occasion against Wankchester Rovers or the like, todays team is like some Utopian dream. We had no prospect of winning anything shiny, but that didn't matter. I was pleased and proud to hear him say we don't want to be like Rags or Scousers fanbases we want to be us and he likes being us.
To listen to some of the self-entitled shite on here the last day or so makes my blood boil. Who wins if Pep gets pissed off and leaves? Only our enemies - so who do you think is making this molehill seem like mount Everest?

Well said.

Loved the passionate response to the loaded question about United and Liverpool from that stirring twat Mike Minay.

I'm in the not in the slightest bit offended camp by his original comments whilst accepting he is tone death at times.
I'm staggered by the extreme response by some on here. Maybe I shouldn't be by now because more than ever and like all forms of social media it's always extreme views.

If anything the thing that pissed me off most was the official crowd for the game being just over 38,000. Like many others have said there was at least 45,000 there 15-20 minutes into the game.

Last edited:
A round of applause for you Sir

I honestly don't believe there is an agenda against City; to me it is pure and simple...clicks and revenue.

They ALL know positive stories about Liverpool and United, doubled with negative City stories will get loads frothing, regardless of your team.

If City weren't this good, these stories wouldn't be being written as there would be no money to be made.

It's all solely about the clicks, advertising and revenue.

Jordan, Panja, Delaney, Nick wotsit, etc will be giggling like little kids at the responses, knowing how easy it is to wind you up...let the others get angry; don't give them the satisfaction.

I honestly don't believe there is an agenda against City; to me it is pure and simple...clicks and revenue.

They ALL know positive stories about Liverpool and United, doubled with negative City stories will get loads frothing, regardless of your team.

If City weren't this good, these stories wouldn't be being written as there would be no money to be made.

It's all solely about the clicks, advertising and revenue.

Jordan, Panja, Delaney, Nick wotsit, etc will be giggling like little kids at the responses, knowing how easy it is to wind you up...let the others get angry; don't give them the satisfaction.
You've just said there's no agenda and then spent the rest of your post explaining exactly what the agenda is!! Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.