Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Is it just me, or do we have lots more 3pm fixtures this season? I know I'm digressing, but didn't think it warranted its own thread.

Since project restart all games were on TV, so there were only a couple of 3pm kickoffs per week.

Now we're back to normal and there's 4 or 5 per week.

Care to dig up a source for that? Because it sounds like the kind of thing people pretend Pep said when in fact he said nothing of the sort.

Don’t think this is the only time either, this specific quote is before a CL game but i’m pretty sure he’s made the point the other way as well before a league game in a title run in about how it would be full against a smaller side.

but searches at the minute are completely clogged with the recent stories

“I know for the fans the Premier League is the most exciting. We know as a club that people prefer by far to win the Premier League than the Champions League - I know how special it is.
“But this competition is nice too and our fans have to live this competition as a dream. That is a reality of our club.”

Don’t think this is the only time either, this specific quote is before a CL game but i’m pretty sure he’s made the point the other way as well before a league game in a title run in about how it would be full against a smaller side.

but searches at the minute are completely clogged with the recent stories

“I know for the fans the Premier League is the most exciting. We know as a club that people prefer by far to win the Premier League than the Champions League - I know how special it is.
“But this competition is nice too and our fans have to live this competition as a dream. That is a reality of our club.”

Help me out here because as far as I can see that's not at all what you accused him of.

You said "he doesn’t understand why the fanbase prefer the league to the CL"

And what he said is "I know for the fans the Premier League is the most exciting. We know as a club that people prefer by far to win the Premier League than the Champions League - I know how special it is"

Do you not see that you've completely twisted that? He's actually said he does understand the fans prefer the PL.

This is something that I've seen dozens of times in this thread. Pep says something, and posters completely twist it to mean the exact opposite and then get upset by it.

Watched his interview post the game the other day and the one today and I don’t think he’s made a mistake. It was pretty obvious in the context he said it the other day what the intent was and I imagine he’s feeling more angry than anything that after years of the MSM deliberately misconstruing his intent at times, he’s now got people closer to home seemingly doing similar.

Thought he explained it well today too. Given he did that explanation, he’s got nothing to apologise for.

I support Manchester City not Pep fucking guardiola. If he goes then he goes. Life goes on and so will the club. Maybe this will teach him to stay quiet about certain topics
You could be like any other normal person and support both, I mean it's not like he's not earnt our respect is it.
But then I suppose the easily offended will always need something to whinge about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.