Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

not on the cup schemes as i had to give them up once id lost my job a few years back( got it back now) but finances are still a little tight to justify to expense of the cup games for now

You might do. So might others. But for me the manager crossed a line criticising supporters.

People have had to suffer and have suffered real financial hardship over the last eighteen months. Our manager earns a ridiculous amount of money, and him giving it out is both disrespectful to people who can't make the extra financial sacrifice and also those who have paid for tickets.

Our support ever since he's joined the club has been exceptional. He's had some great atmospheres and despite the ambivalence from some towards the CL, it's produced our best atmospheres. Add to that away fans packing every away end, and even selling out less glamorous ties such as Rotherham etc.

Like I say, everyone is different, but I won't accept a bloke earning £18m a year giving it out to supporters. It's piss poor and if the club had any backbone then the men at the top would be telling him to shut the fuck up.

I personally couldn't give a shit about the media or rival fans, I just despise our fans being dragged by our own manager.

People trot out the stuff you've come out regularly whenever Pep mentions the crowd and it's misguided to be polite.

Pep has subsequently made it quite clear he was not criticising - although I thought that was obvious to begin with if you watched the post match interview.

Also, what Pep earns is irrelevant here: Pep not from a wealthy family, his Dad was a bricklayer, and he understands what life is like when you don't get paid a massive salary.

Like I said above, Kevin does more for our fans than probably any bar Sheila Mansour and the team. I don’t agree with every word he’d said but he’s more entitlement to give his view than anyone on here IMHO.

Yeah i agree Tim, met kevin a few times and have a lot of time for him and the work he does (free i do believe?).

I think maybe a statement might have been enough from OSC and signed by him.

As i said the same crap comes up every year after one poorly attended cup game.

Cant do right to do wrong in this case.

The thing is it was obvious that Pep wasn't having a go at our supporters.

If Pep or anyone else in the spotlight went about their business choosing every word so it couldn't be misconstrued, it would be a dull old world and people would still find things to spin in ways that belie the original intention.

Kevin Parker spoke out of turn, far more so than Pep, who didn't in my opinion.
Must admit I didn't think there was much in what Pep said but as soon as I seen Kevin Parker kick off I knew Sky and everyone else would be lickin their lips. Why give these fuckin parasites anything.

The thing is it was obvious that Pep wasn't having a go at our supporters.

If Pep or anyone else in the spotlight went about their business choosing every word so it couldn't be misconstrued, it would be a dull old world and people would still find things to spin in ways that belie the original intention.

Kevin Parker spoke out of turn, far more so than Pep, who didn't in my opinion.
Disagree pal. Peps been called out and doesn’t like it. He’s done this before. Kevin Parker responded for the majority of City fans in my opinion. Think some people are too wrapped up with the don’t upset Pep worry,look what’s he’s done for us. We appreciate it, we really do,He’s been paid a handsome figure too. The fact is, his words have not been taking out of context. We know Pep well by now and we know exactly what his point was. He needs to accept responsibility for his comments. Think he comes across badly again today. He looked like someone trying to dig out of a hole, only it got bigger. More respect for him, if he just held his hands up. But hey, everyone’s got an opinion, this is mine. All the best blue.:)

Thankfully I watched the match from home, as this enabled me to have a couch available to hide behind, every time Leipzig ran through our midfield and defence.

What is the actual process in regards to unsold/unused tickets. Example If the club knows Leipzig hasn’t taken up their whole allocation can’t they not bunch the Leipzig fans into a smaller section and give the remaining tickets open walk up to city fans? Is that a possibility? As I moved countries and no longer live in UK I would as a non season card holder try to go a champions league because di know likely hood of getting a walk up ticket is higher…. Would like some clarification blues.

ps: watching the game on TV here in Germany when they panned to the Leipzig tier and that being empty probably made things look more worse…

Like I said above, Kevin does more for our fans than probably any bar Sheila Mansour and the team. I don’t agree with every word he’d said but he’s more entitlement to give his view than anyone on here IMHO.

I think its his 'view' that's made a mountain out of a molehill.

He didn't need to speak to the media over it, and now we have Pep saying he will leave if we don't want him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.