Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many wont like it.

Parker sentiments on the matter echo many Blues.

Not the first time Pep has made snide remarks about our fan base. Left open to interpretation.

Laughable really considering his beloved Barcelona failed to fill the Stadium in a tier 1 Champions League game against Bayern Munich.

He knows the media detest us, so why even fuel their agenda ?

They have run with it since he opened his mouth.

Hopefully everyone can make up and move on.
parker doesn't speak for me
imo his remarks were not snide
barcelona had covid restrictions in place
he said one thing the press said another thing
apart from that your post was spot on :)

Didn't they put up a similar attendance a few seasons back. Everyone said it was wrong and again we had the seat trolls laughing at the club. I think it was quite some time before the club admitted they had missed ticket holders out but still left the ridiculously low figure up on the club website.

It was the first home match of the season against Everton in 17/18 when the "official" attendance was 49,000.
Every other home game that season was 53-54000.

The Everton game was rammed when it had filled up after about 15 mins. Clear as day it was a full one and the official number was wrong.

See bbc are peddling their shit and twisting what Pep actually said. They are a fucking joke
Should send out a backroom member to do BBC MOTD interview and not give them the time of day like the Rags used to do, or not even speak to them. Worked out well for the Rags. No idea why we still entertain certain media and “Journalists” but then again our media relations/pr teams are an absolute joke

It was the first home match of the season against Everton in 17/18 when the "official" attendance was 49,000.
Every other home game that season was 53-54000.

The Everton game was rammed when it had filled up after about 15 mins. Clear as day it was a full one and the official number was wrong.
A lot of tickets for the Leipzig game seemed to have been sold in the 24 hours before the match. It definitely looked mid to high 40s to me. My guess would be that they mistakenly used an old figure which didn’t take more recent sales into account

For all those who cast doubt on what he meant I think his pre match interview made it crystal clear.
He saw the players were out on their feet post Leipzig and wanted to give a rallying call for Saturday.
His choice of words on the night may not have conferred that meaning with as much clarity as he liked which is where the problem lay, his English is much better than my Spanish or Basque.
Can we get of his case now?
The Media want this driven as a wedge issue and their questioning made that perfectly apparent - asking for a fucking apology, get fucked you ****. I love the way he pulled the first journalist re that question he asked and told him point blank it was based on a total misinterpretation of what he said.
Of course hes not perfect and makes the odd gaffe like most people however there is no-one - NO-ONE else I would prefer coaching my football club!
Having spent the entirety of my life supporting this club, like a lot of others most of my youth was spent travelling to shitholes watching us battle it out on the pitch and have to fight our way back to our transport on occasion against Wankchester Rovers or the like, todays team is like some Utopian dream. We had no prospect of winning anything shiny, but that didn't matter. I was pleased and proud to hear him say we don't want to be like Rags or Scousers fanbases we want to be us and he likes being us.
To listen to some of the self-entitled shite on here the last day or so makes my blood boil. Who wins if Pep gets pissed off and leaves? Only our enemies - so who do you think is making this molehill seem like mount Everest?
Anyway Ive said my piece.

I liked and commented on this earlier.
Very pleased now that the post has since received 30ish likes because I thought your and my view were in a minority.
Makes me realise the loudest and most OTT views on this particular subject and often on loads of other stuff as well are not likely a reflection of many on here and probably the wider fanbase as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.