Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Absolutely agree. I think even fans are getting tired of fighting battles which the club could have done a lot more with themselves going back over a decade now. It's been allowed to fester for years.
The Club think they are the Royal Family -Never Complain Never Explain. They need to get stuck into these twats instead of giving them a free ride.

The fans' support is unconditional and very often unrequited.

Pep's paid handsomely, the least he could do is not attack the fanbase in public.

If he could just get through a season without bigging up United, Liverpool, Barca, Bayern etc that'd be a start.

Maybe he could fail to mention that we don't have any history in the Champions League during the whole campaign.

Not too much to ask is it?

I'm not asking him to wear a City scarf or anything, just to shut the fuck up with the sly digs.
Yawn

Who is he? I’ve heard his name a few times over the years. Is he basically a mouthpiece for “supporters”. Did he actually consult any before speaking up?

Forums will always get extreme views from some but I would imagine 95% of our fan base are not on forums and 90% of those won’t give a shit about things like this.
He does a great job being general secretary of the OSC but he is not a mouth piece or representative of the fans who are in the OSC

Pep's attitude to City fans is best revealed by the fact that he is ready to stay at City far longer than he did at Barca and Munich. He wouldn't do it if didn't like the fans or something.

I get that Parker wanted to defend the fanbase, fair play to him, but, knowing domestic media far better than Pep, he should have been much more careful with his words. Telling Pep to "stick to coaching" was unnecessary and helped the media the portray the situation as far worse than it actually is.

Sorry they "literally" didn't. Only Sergio won it in the season he arrived, Silva & Yaya in their 2nd season. You are looking back at what 4 players achieved over a near ten year period, it is only fair to wait until/if the players bought under Pep have been here for nearly 10 years for a fair comparison.
Vincent didn't win us the league right after he arrived, he came in 2008, title won in 2012. Dias and Torres did in their 1st season. In 20/21 Torres appeared in 24 Pl games, Sergio only appeared in 12. Cancelo & Rodri only arrived in 19/20 season. How can that be a fair comparison when these guys are only at the start of their City careers.
Sorry but I absolutely disagree with you Torres and Dias comparison with Kompany. Kompany joined at a time when we were still shit. Torres and Dias joined the most successful English club this decade. How is that a fair comparison?

The reasons he gave are the real reasons.

I'm never going to criticise anyone for not going, but the reasons you gave - work times, children having school and cost just don't hold up to any scrutiny. Other clubs' fans have jobs. Other clubs have child supporters who go to school. The club was giving tickets away for £7.50 to students for Leipzig.

The fan base just doesn't like the CL as much as the league, and that's fine. You see dozens of people on here who say they don't want to go because they don't like the competition and won't go for a multitude of valid reasons.

So as a football manager, all he can do is try and make the fans enjoy the competition by playing well and winning, and having some amazing games.

Which is exactly what he said.

We’ll have to agree to disagree

but I think the match going demographic at City is a lot different to Liverpool, United and Chelsea who are the other main CL clubs.

Maybe theres a point in there about sustained attractive football and success attracting more fans prepared to travel from out of the area/overseas etc for one off games. But that would be decades off and Pep would be long gone by then.

Careful mr Parker you will scare the boss off you tosser. Stop trying to stay relevant you are the enemy of this football club. Do one
Kevin Parker was here long before Pep and he will, God willing, be here long after Pep's gone.

The fans are more important than the manager. It's the same at every club. They always have been, they always will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.