Is anyone actually going to Paris?

was hoping pcr tests won't be required, unfortunately it appears they are required until 4th october then they're binned, so with no sensible flight prices, or limited direct flights its £120 for train to euston then £ 120 for eurostar, 2 days off work and pcr tests,£60 for ticket, thats over £800 before i have an overpriced french beer, went there couple of seasons ago so think i'll give this a miss this time

was hoping pcr tests won't be required, unfortunately it appears they are required until 4th october then they're binned, so with no sensible flight prices, or limited direct flights its £120 for train to euston then £ 120 for eurostar, 2 days off work and pcr tests,£60 for ticket, thats over £800 before i have an overpriced french beer, went there couple of seasons ago so think i'll give this a miss this time

Just a heads up mate for you and others looking at cheap travel. Irrelevant for me as have decided to go to Germany for a few days instead.

There is an easyJet flight out of Manchester to Paris on Monday at 6pm ish for 60 quid, was 30. Return on Wednesday from Nantes at 4pm ish for 12 quid, was 6. Just a case of getting a direct 2 hour train to Nantes from Paris Montparnasse the morning after the game. It costs about 30 quid.

It all adds up but that is one of the cheaper routes without having to spend 4 or 5 days away. Hope that helps, bit more hassle than Eurostar but cheaper.

Just a heads up mate for you and others looking at cheap travel. Irrelevant for me as have decided to go to Germany for a few days instead.

There is an easyJet flight out of Manchester to Paris on Monday at 6pm ish for 60 quid, was 30. Return on Wednesday from Nantes at 4pm ish for 12 quid, was 6. Just a case of getting a direct 2 hour train to Nantes from Paris Montparnasse the morning after the game. It costs about 30 quid.

It all adds up but that is one of the cheaper routes without having to spend 4 or 5 days away. Hope that helps, bit more hassle than Eurostar but cheaper.
I’m on the Nantes flight, was £8 when I booked it last week. Only fly to Manchester once a week and turns out its 4:30pm on the Wednesday so perfect.

I’m on the Nantes flight, was £8 when I booked it last week. Only fly to Manchester once a week and turns out its 4:30pm on the Wednesday so perfect.

It makes sense. I did something stupid like 10 quid return to Geneva for Lyon the other year, from Luton mind you.

Some digs near Montparnasse station too if you're not sorted already. I found an alright room rate at a place called the Celtic Hotel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.