Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Think that bottom one clarifies what he meant beautifully.

He's an idiot for saying something that can be misconstrued by people who jump on this shit. It's easy for people who don't get bombarded with it every day. It's easy for those that can make games week in week out.

He probably didn't mean how it came across but he wasn't prompted to say anything about it. I love Pep, I want him to stay for as long as we can possibly get him to stay. I get why people are pissed off with his comments though, I was.

All this will be forgotten by Sunday and everyone be discussing how Ronaldo did f*ck all for 90mins vs West Ham and why rags got tricked into buying him.

I don’t think anyone outside the UK is hearing about this

It's all over social media, it's on various football apps, it's not just a UK thing.

Having said that I think Pep wants us to be massive on and off the pitch, we are a big global club now and you'd expect us to fill Champions League games, it's the biggest competition in club football and we aren't playing Shaktar.

Mancini just won one league title, we would have won titles with any other manager no doubt but Pep made us the most attractive team to watch, neutrals wanted to tune in to see Manchester City play, fans of rival leagues woke up late night to see us play beautiful football.
Pep has made us this brand which no one else has done.

Keep living in denial and worshipping a the myth of a manager who never Totally agree, but the bashing of Mancini from some is tedious
Simon Mullock is one of the most accurate City reporters out there, and I find it hard to believe anyone on here doesn't know that.
You’re in a loser with this clown, fella. He’s not a City fan, he’s a Mancini worshipper.

He will stalk you, enraged, forever. Trust me.

Sorry but I absolutely disagree with you Torres and Dias comparison with Kompany. Kompany joined at a time when we were still shit. Torres and Dias joined the most successful English club this decade. How is that a fair comparison?
A fair comparison is comparing like with like. We know what the 4 achieved over approx. a 10 year period, it is historical fact. When we have 10 years of Pep era purchases, their accomplishments will be a historical fact.
Only then can you compare 2 sets of facts and refine your comparison with context such as when we were shit, changes in the game, etc. etc. If you had a 1 year old baby and a 10 year old child, how could you compare what the 10 year old has achieved to what the baby has achieved after 1 year of the baby's life ?.
I prefer comparing fact with fact not fact with speculation.

you'd expect us to fill Champions League games

Not any more so than any other club which is the point though. Barcelona for example - and no, I'm not on about Tuesday nights game against Bayern but pre pandemic. Empty seats all over the Nou Camp for any given group stage game with very few exceptions. Why? And more to the point, why are they never pulled up on it, where City are?

Not just Barcelona btw. Other huge clubs with same issues - Milan, Inter, Benfica, Porto, Galatasaray. That's before we even just look at other English clubs.

"We are already one of the most hated clubs in the world", that's a big claim, how did you get that stat., are you counting the fans of our part owners in China or of our Brazilian players, Africa, Middle and far East.

We play in the most followed league in the world, we are the most successful team in the land in last decade, the fans of the big 6 hate us because they want everything we have, we play the best football, we have proper plan and go for proper targets, don't overspend on dross. They hate us because we doing everything better that they used to do once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.