Man City v Swindon 1964 /1965 Season

cyberblue

Good job Blue Moon was not about then as crowd was only about 8,500 but most of the fans went to York away

I was there also as a young lad. Seem to recall it was dark and rainy but all the games I remember from them days were!!

Just curious because quite a bit before my time -does anyone recall if there was any reason/s it was so low in that year

I wasn't there. I wasn't at Newcastle away in '68 and I "missed" York away. I wish I had scraped together the cash required in '68 and escaped from uni to go to Newcastle, but I don't think I would have enjoyed York much and I can say with absolute honesty that I have never regretted, even for a moment, missing the Swindon match. I realise that the purists will tell me that my support, along with that of the other missing thousands, might have made the difference, but I really don't see how. Screaming, waving my scarf, even throwing my hat into the air may have done but it had been some weeks since I, and many others, had realised that spending the afternoon at Maine Rd, head in hands at the latest sow of progressive ineptitude would inspire no-one - especially the uninspirable. But at least that team never resorted to wasting time by the corner flag when the results weren't going our way - but that's only because we never had the ball long enough!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.