Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

No.
Just wish he hadn't said anything in the first place.
Silly bugger ruined the week. I expect full recompense tomorrow.
5-0 will do.
I was somewhat surprised Pep made the comment but offended? No. I can not understand how his comments can have ruined your week, or is that some tongue in cheek comment?

We’re playing Southampton. There is no risky game playing Southampton at home, some of our biggest wins have come after a champions league midweek game, it’s the benefit of having a large squad.
I expect us to win but any game after midweek CL games carry a higher risk of a bad result imo. You'd have to go back and review the data to see if its true but I have formed that opinion over time. They lead to injuries and to squad rotation for a start

Probably true for many Blues who aren't / have never been members of the OSC.

I'm very surprised to hear that so few of the supposed diehards on this forum haven't heard of Kevin Parker, and aren't OSC members.

The OSC has been around for many decades, and has operated very efficiently for many years under Kevin's stewardship. It's a very successful organisation and plays an important role in the club and for supporters.

I suspect that a lot of (both recent and longstanding) City fans will have benefited more from being members of the official supporters club than they have from being members of the unofficial mouthpiece that is Bluemoon.

Can you really call yourself a supporter if you're not a member of the OSC? A question for another day perhaps...

In the meantime, don't knock a bloke who has the interests of the club at heart 100%, just because he dares to criticise the current 'Golden Child'. Kevin will be a top Blue long after Pep has waved farewell.
To be honest I have always been very sceptical of the Official Supporters Clubs ever since I travelled on their coach to a few matches in the Second Division days in the mid-1960s. I never joined an OSC. They always came over as supporters who go to matches by bus.

Nothing really against the OSCs, but it was not for me. Tim of the Oak always does come across as a one of the good guys on here.

I just think that it is bad form for an alleged OSC official to feed stuff to the media even if Pep made an ambiguous statement. I would object to anyone from the OFS to be considered as a speaking for supporters generally. Espacially as I hadn't a clue who the hell he was before this Thursday.

When you are at the game, I suppose you don't get the same perspective, you can look across a bottom tier of a stand from your particular vantage and just see heads, seemingly packed.

I can tell you the family stand, and the East stand, across all three tiers, had plenty of gaps on the box, don't know what it was camera side, but assume the Tunnel Club didn't turn out again?

Factor in 3k missing away section, the new reduced capacity to, 52,750, and you aren't that far away.

I appeared closer to 38k than 45, there were certainly more than 7000 empty seats.

City certainly had no reason to give 38,000 figure to Press Association, when they need to show every penny we get to Uefa these days!

38k on a midweek, against a nothing team, a game Saturday, various logistical and ticketing problems, I'd say that isn't anything to ridicule.

Hats off to those who spent their hard earned cash.
City have reported an incorrect attendance figure at least once before.

A couple of seasons back against Everton in an evening game, there was the same debate about empty seats doing the rounds on social media, and City released a figure of around 40k to the press.

Some non-City supporting mates watched on TV and said there was loads of empty seats, and said 15k empties was about right.

I was at the game and knew for absolute certain there was no way in the world there was 15k empty seats. The argument dragged on for a few weeks.

Then a few weeks later City reported the accurate figure, which was around 52k.

I think the issue was City had initially released the general admission attendance to the press without adding in the corporates.

So to summarise, my point is it can look a lot more empty on the TV than in real life, and City have previous for reporting an inaccurate figure to the press.

I couldn’t say for certain, but it looked a lot more like 45k than 38k to me, particularly as none of the upper tiers were closed.

Pathetic and hilarious at the same time, really. People are so jealous and bitter with how good City are and all the records that we break, that they have to stoop to having a go at the attendance(it was ok...nothing good, nothing bad....nothing to talk about) to ease their pain.
Long may it continue.

Pep is a genius manager/coach, but he's always said odd things.

Remember when he was still Bayern manager & we came from behind to beat them 3-2. Alonso was generally poor & made a mistake for one of our goals.

Afterwards, Pep told the press that was the best Bayern had ever played & how "fantastic" Alonso had been.
Absolutely no one was buying it - he just looked foolish.

Has repeated those kind of nonsensical comments several times while in charge of City.

Ideally people would just accept that's how he rolls, smile, and not take his comments too seriously. Unfortunately, on this occasion he has played right into our detractors' hands, and it's really hard to see how he couldn't have foreseen what his words would do.

Incredible manager ... odd man, who likes to provoke controversy with outlandish post-match comments.
I remember the Bayern match well. They went a goal down and had Benatia sent off for the penalty against Aguero where City took the lead after 20 minutes.

It was a Pep masterclass as he converted Neuer into a sweeper keeper to nullify the City one-man advantage. Bayern went 2-1 and looked like winning until Aguero scored two goals in the last five minutes against a tiring team. Alonso had a brilliant match until he made a mistake to concede the equaliser.

City have reported an incorrect attendance figure at least once before.

A couple of seasons back against Everton in an evening game, there was the same debate about empty seats doing the rounds on social media, and City released a figure of around 40k to the press.

Some non-City supporting mates watched on TV and said there was loads of empty seats, and said 15k empties was about right.

I was at the game and knew for absolute certain there was no way in the world there was 15k empty seats. The argument dragged on for a few weeks.

Then a few weeks later City reported the accurate figure, which was around 52k.

I think the issue was City had initially released the general admission attendance to the press without adding in the corporates.

So to summarise, my point is it can look a lot more empty on the TV than in real life, and City have previous for reporting an inaccurate figure to the press.

I couldn’t say for certain, but it looked a lot more like 45k than 38k to me, particularly as none of the upper tiers were closed.
So are you saying there’s 12k corporates in the stadium ?

No, it's an honest question.

We all claim to be supporters, 100% behind the club, dyed in the wool Blues, happy clappers, moaners, fight to the end fans, season card holders, Cityzens, etc, but how many are actually members of the OSC?

Shouldn't OSC membership be a minimum expectation for all if us? It's the only officially recognised club for City fans. It's something that fans used to join at the first opportunity when I was a lad.

It's genuinely being a PART OF THE CLUB. An opportunity to actually contribute towards the club, share views and experiences face to face with fellow members and create a positive environment in which to spread the word.

If you're a true Blue, you should be in the OSC.
I’m sure the OSC is great for those who love a meeting and a coach trip.

But many of us have followed City home and away for decades and don’t give two shits about either of those things.

I wouldn’t want to be part of any club that would want me as a member ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.