Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

I'm laughing how all of these "no fans" joke would be a thing of the past after 10 years or so when next generation kids would flock to City. All the libel and slander against us by media and rival fans would evaporate into thin air and would be forgotten. At the most they can try to slow this process but not stop it, even they know this. Being successful on the pitch is what matters.

Other than the 3,000 empty seats in the away end there was another 10,000 empties?
Simply the 38,062 attendance is wrong.
I was surprised by the 38,000 quoted as the attendance. I sit in L3 East stand. 10 mins before kick off I thought the attendance would be low as it was quite empty. However at kick-off,apart from the away section, it looked reasonably full to me.

I live 5,000 miles away!

Honestly this whole thing is silly. A completely fabricated and unnecessary PR disaster.

I don't think Pep meant any malice, although in hindsight his comments were very shortsighted.

The stadium didnt even seem empty. Maybe 40k there. And it's completely understandable to skip a weeknight match in the middle of a pandemic when many are struggling. This whole narrative is ugly, inaccurate, and honestly downright irresponsible considering the circumstances.

Moreover the big club, small club narrative is outdated and needs to go away. For starters, by any measure, City are a big club. I don"t even want or need to elaborate on that.

No matter what, nothing takes away from what happens on the pitch. To me, every win feels great, and every loss awful no matter the 'size' of the opponent. The kid version of me still cried for days trying to understand what relegation was and how fucking Ipswich sent us down in 2000. I know many of you saw worse just years prior including the 80k we sent to York away. In more recent times being the 'bigger' club didn't make losing to Wigan or Middlesborough any better.

Nor does it take the shine off of any of the titles or cups weve won this past decade. And you know what? Every trophy we win in the coming years will feel just as good.
It's the only comfort blanket small minded teddy bear cuddler's have left. Bless em.

Pep, don't ever think you're not wanted here. And don't ever think about leaving. You are admired, loved and respected by millions of blues, so don't forget that.

Maybe though, thinking ahead here, say for arguments sake you have some spare time and you're not needed at the ground until close to kick off. You should act as a secret shopper one day, try buying a ticket online, sort out your covid stuff on the day, organise your travel, try the trams at night and gain entry to the ground - in disguise. Maybe then you will understand how frustrating and disorganised matchday is for many fans, then you can escalate the issues in a rapid manner. You're one of us, do it for all of us!

Pep, don't ever think you're not wanted here. And don't ever think about leaving. You are admired, loved and respected by millions of blues, so don't forget that.

Maybe though, thinking ahead here, say for arguments sake you have some spare time and you're not needed at the ground until close to kick off. You should act as a secret shopper one day, try buying a ticket online, sort out your covid stuff on the day, organise your travel, try the trams at night and gain entry to the ground - in disguise. Maybe then you will understand how frustrating and disorganised matchday is for many fans, then you can escalate the issues in a rapid manner. You're one of us, do it for all of us!

This reminds me, wonder what happened to the bloke who used to be in Mary D’s all the time who was the spitting image of Mancini…

Hahaha not sure if that’s the same bloke.

Mary’s Mancini looked a bit more haggered. Like if Bobby was forced to manage Rochdale for a couple of years.

Maybe that’s just the Mary D’s effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.