Talksport

It is bad enough he punched a 14 year old but I've only just realised, Jamie O'Hara has a lipstick mark tattooed on his neck. What a nonce... needs locking up that wrong'un

when Pep threw the CL i thought does he want the sack? now i'm convinced.
No, that’s the whole point. Once he does that he knows there might be a sense of ‘my work here is done’.
But he can see that if he stays for another 5 or so years he can maintain the hunger that will push us past being merely perennial contenders, frequent champions and hoovers of many trophies into becoming the complete alpha beast that regularly tops 100 points and smashes all vestiges of resistance from every single competition in an unprecedented 2 year period.

At least, that’s what I’m banking on...;-)

I know it sounds like a long time, but give it another 10-15 years, and I think the media will have to change their tune.

Our grandson is 11, lives in York and is Blue through and through. There was never any chance that he would ever support another club; his Nan (with a little help from me) ensured that. Pre-takeover, it’s almost certain that he would have been the only City fan in his school. However, four or five of his classmates are also City fans.

I'm sure this isn’t an isolated example, so the number of young Blues in the whole country must be much higher than it was in 2008. If we continue to be successful for the next decade or more, the fan base will only grow.

If the British sports media continue with their current anti-City bias, they are going to piss off a very large portion of its potential listenership/viewership/readership.

I therefore believe that before too long, we will receive much more positive coverage than we have for the last 13 years.
It will happen when they realise the tipping point from their market research...well, unless that research continues to include such lazy statistical aberrations as ‘648 million fans follow us, you know?’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.