Match Thread | Man City vs Southampton (18/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor 45 minutes. Tactically inept. 45 minutes to put it right.
Huge crowd being shortchanged so far.
Saints are the platinum level time wasters of the EPL.
Not a huge crowd mate. Empty seats everywhere........you can be sure someone somewhere is counting and there'll be a report in one of the papers tomorrow morning, or on the BBC....

Tempting to bring on Torres. He’s has the natural eye for a goal that Raz lacks up front.
Agree. For me raz is lucky to even be playing. He looks totally gone in a city shirt for me. He’s not dropping to help out midfield or stretching the defence he’s hiding in between the lines

you guys wanna throw an 18 year old on their debut against this relentless press that even a seasoned veteran like fernandinho is struggling to hold off? that'd be the surest way to ruin his confidence.

The Rodri, Bernardo and Gundogan midfield 3 that has looked so good doesn't seem to be working with Fernandinho in place of Rodri. Gundogan has been really poor, Fernandinho at times good and at times bad with the ball but looks every day of his age without the ball. Jesus, except for one nice cross, has given the ball away too cheaply. Sterling hasn't got into the game at all. Surprised we din't try swapping Jesus and Sterling over and seeing if that worked any better.

Grealish has been the bright point from that half.

Too many players pressing too high early on left a lot of space behind the press and made it easy for them to get at us and they did that fairly well.

It's a game we should win. but I suspect we might need to turn to the bench. Perhaps KDB for Gundogan and Foden or Mharez for Jesus. I'd also be tempted to replace Sterling with Torres.

Struggling badly against the press. Fernandinho having a mare, Jesus doubled up on, and as soon as they turn us over, one simple pass down the middle leaves the back 4 exposed. Grealish our only threat.
I’m hoping Southampton will run out of steam eventually, but I don’t think we’re gonna win this without Kev and Foden, and even Mahrez, on the field

Hopefully this will be like one of the many HT 0-0s that go in our favour by 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.