#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it’s more that the way we play without a traditional striker doesn’t suit him, doesn’t have the same level of technique as Foden, Mahrez KDB Bernardo Grealish torres and Jesus (when he’s out wide). Sterling only plays well when alongside a proper 9 who sucks in the CBs i.e England

I have little doubt that he's gonna be amazing for another team, by the way. his england performances prove it. he just can't be arsed here.
International football is nothing to be judged upon. It lacks tactical naunce and is overall utterly laid back in comparison.

Scapegoat. Sad to see some of the comments in here but no surprise

I don’t know what else you really expect mate. It’s 18 months+ of these performances from Sterling now and still no signs of improvement.

He’s a senior player, on one of the highest wages in the squad, he’s the player that should be taking games like these by the scruff of the neck and instead he was more hindrance then anything and struggled to control the ball.

Yes, there were other shite performances out there today and that should also rightly be pointed out, but the difference is a lot of those players have been putting in decent performances recently, not a continuation of being completely useless.

Sterling built up a lot of credit, he’s had some wonderful seasons for us and he’s played a massive part in our success under Pep, but there’s no beating round the bush that this isn’t merely a blip in form, it’s coming up to 2 years of underperforming.

It’s well past the ‘scapegoat’ narrative at this stage, if anything it’s surprising he still has a sizeable chunk of the fan base still defending his inclusion in the side when there are 5/6 players who are all showing more impact than him.

I’d love nothing more than for Raz to turn it around this season, prove his doubters wrong (inc me) and knock in 30 goals, but until he shows any sign of that, these debates are going to be had and it’s up to him to make this happen by taking the chances when they’re given to him. Otherwise I’m naturally going to question where he stands in this side when he continues to not show up when we need him to.

Last edited:
Imagine asking a" world class "footballer to move to a different place in the forward line.
He's not been asked to play at centre half or in goal.
Basic skills like ball control are needed wherever you play.
In my opinion, Sterling does not have the required attributes to play the number 9 position for us. I don’t think many other of our attacking players have the capability to play that position regularly either, which explains why we were in for one all summer.

Ive not been impressed with Sterling’s form over the last 18 months. There’s no way I’m writing him off yet though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.