Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

They might not have had half a dozen open net chances but they were the better side comfortably, got in far more threatening positions and the fact they didn't have that killer ball was the only thing that meant we got out with a point.
Lol what a pile of shit all IFs and buts. They were steady defended well and that was it they had 2 shots that both rolled into Edersons hands that was it.

We were below average but to say Southampton deserved more is absolute bollocks.

Really poor performance.

Don't know where that came from, we've been creating chances for fun in recent games at home so to throw that performance put was bizarre. We just seemed to lack any kind of urgency and energy and it didn't improve much when the subs were made either. We showed a little bit in the last 5 minutes but it was too late by then.

Can't blame anyone in particular either, it was poor across the board.

Very strange performance and result and we need to bounce back quickly. We can't afford to play like that in any of our next two league games otherwise we could be 9pts behind, and we don't want to be chasing this season when Liverpool and Chelsea look stronger.

haha.. yes you could say that. Sterling getting all the blame is ridiculous.

There was no heartbeat in the middle.. so pedestrian and one paced, not to mention careless with the ball.. hence being unable to move our opponents around to create chances. Absolutely zero control of the flow of the game, very in Pep like performance.

We missed Rodri big time.
We did miss Rodri but I think we missed Laporte or Stones even more so! Don't remember Dias or Ake breaking the lines with a single pass today and anytime they did they gave the ball away, Then again when they had possession numerous times the midfield never showed for it which is really really unlike us. Hopefully it's just a really bad day at the office.
Far too open in midfield against Leipzig and Southampton. Let's get our house in order for Chelsea away.

He was top class. He’s still a model pro.. but he is so very and clearly past it unfortunately. He’s old.
Agree. He won’t find it a problem when sitting for his statue drawings/photos this season. Sad if his last season is a shocker …
reminding me of a certain Martin Demichelis’s 2015/16 swansong - 29 appearances and 12 breaches of FA gambling rules and a £22,058 fine.

Ake was probably our best player today, cleaning up the mess from the horrible midfield. So please, cut him some slack at least.
I thought Grealish was our best player today but I agree Ake played well and was certainly not the reason we did not perform as a team.

We were clearly off the boil. How many times do we have less possession? We also had a get out of jail card with the pen. We should have lost because we weren't at our best, we didn't so thats a positive. It's given us a kick up the backside and we'll be better next game
I was hoping we didn't get the call and think if we'd've conceded there... Kyle red we'd've probably mounted a more concerted response than we did. We got bailed out and honestly I think to a player pretty much everyone said "phew" instead of tightening their boots and bearing down. We need grittier displays, heart and guts instead we making sloppy pass after lazy pass and give aways and if I have to see Cancelo do another Ronny/Bruno s
Portuguese school of diving personation.... FFS get the F up and play
Just disappointed. KDB is inconsistent thus far and I know it takes time to come back from injury. Stonesey and Laperic out we're subpar defensively. Cancelo simply isn't cutting it at LB. CDM is freaking when Fern has to hold it down and Rodri has been up and down. We can't rely on Sterling... we clearly haven't even wanted to of late and when he's in the team it's either heavy touch on a great opportunity or a complete swing and a miss shot- that or he disappears. I got no beef v. Jesus although today wasn't great. Jack is pushing and is most consistent in the final third of at least looking a threat. Foden back is needed as he won't quit.

Need a G&T or 3 followed by a good ale or 3.

One good thing about today is that Metrolink seem to have got the message. I stayed until the final whistle and still got home to Timperley before 6pm.

Well done for putting on all those extra trams.

Last edited:
Frustrating performance, we looked ill prepared, complacent and arrogant at times. Some very questionable individual performances but there wasn’t really anyone who stood out for me as having a good game.

Good news that Delap is seemingly nearing fitness. He isn’t the answer as a first choice, but should definitely be an option from the bench on days like today. We haven’t missed a natural striker too much this season, but today for me it was glaringly obvious that we have to fill that gap with someone who is actually a striker.

Haven’t seen a replay yet but it looked a pen for me. Southampton were worth a point overall. They worked harder and wanted it more than we did.

Roll on Tuesday.

Fernandinho is probably a very good impact sub to bring on to close games down. A full 90 minutes may be getting too much for him now.
But hey let’s respect the man. One of City’s best ever signings in my humble opinion and we should show respect towards him.

Totally agree.. probably my favourite City player over a long sustained period. He was even amazing against PSG in the CL in May.. but 6 months is a long time in the twilight of your career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.