Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

We dropped points against a team that all the title contenders will not.
Poor everywhere.
No one can defend that display by Sterling. He was absolutely shocking. Move on please, you’re ruining this side. You’ve had more than enough chances to get your shit together again, yet continually fcuk it up time after time.
I’m going to say it now, if we continue to persist with Sterling, we will be lucky to finish top 4.
They've already took points of the rags lmfao

That for me was the worst performance under Pep’s time here.

Ive never seen so many individual players have horror shows.

Honestly, I won't even single out any poor individual performances. Everything was bad. Couldn't build from the back, midfield was completely overrun, front 3 (except Jack) was ineffective, couldn't get to 2nd balls, got bullied off the ball, no communication, poor set up, poor management/tactics, injuries hurt us, etc. Just a bad day, collectively.

Our passing was awful today. Agree with Pep we couldnt play from the back which was the problem, Added to that Southampton came to play and win so fair dos to them they deserved their point. We will move on as always.
I agree. Shocking. Pep usually solves those problems but if anything the first 20 mins of the second half was worse than the first. Southampton were the better side for much of that match and had they been a bit more ambitious, they could have won. That free kick at the end when they ran it to the corner flag was a joke.

I love the post match thread. The greatest gathering of hindsight prophets the world has known, gladly suggesting a million different ways we could win a game that is now finished. Priceless
Surely when things don't go according to plan the sensible thing to do is to try to find out why? Now that said from my experience most football supporters after a set back either panic and get consumed by a fog of depression or alternatively just shrug their shoulders and think everything will be alright. Thankfully in recent years the later group are normally proven right at City.
If I was a neutral observer I would be a wee bit concerned with a performance like todays but the next two league games will tell us most of what we need to know.

Ok, my opinion and I'll say we won't score against Chelsea next week, you will obviously think different. My opinion, I'm allowed one right?
We may or not score next week
I won't lose any sleep if we don't
It the same shit line up that done so well last season
It a bad day at the office ,won't be the last one just enjoy the ride

Way back in the day we would be cheering the result today
Another point closer to 40 points never ever forget we’re we have come from !
CTID
What relevance does that have? In my 60 years of watching City we were shit for large parts of it. Currently we have excellent players throughout the squad and today we put out a team that on paper was more than good enough to see off Southampton. The fact is we were dreadful and at best deserved a draw.

I thought the crowd today took it on the chin. We were shit.

Walker lost possession and dived in, to me as said a soft one but a penalty.
He gave a sloppy pass which was cut out… he made a great recovery I thought. I was surprised a penalty & red card given, but more surprised that the useless waste of space reversed his decision, even though he was right to do so in my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.