#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After years of him being class between 2016-2019 I never thought I’d see the day that Sterling isn’t a threat anymore. Doesn’t feel like he can change the game like he used to. And that’s been happening for a very long time.

It all feels a bit stale and unfortunately probably the right time for him to move on and reignite the spark somewhere else.
I think you're right and I, for one, wish him well wherever he goes (assuming it's not the rags, obvs). I'd actually quite like to see him at one of the big clubs in Europe. I think it would do him good. He's done with us, I now fear, and I think he's done in England.

If Torres had got onto that KDB ball it’s in the net, the way he took his (disallowed goal) the other night was sublime, Sterling is at best a squad player, he reminds me of Darius Vassell, sorry but no chance a pay rise and time to move on, he is not technical enough for the teams and I can’t see where he fits in now. This isn’t about scapegoating but he certainly isn’t in the top 5 of our squad up front and certainly doesn’t deserve more than he’s on.

He was awful but he’s not a number 9. Bemused why Pep continues to play him there. Is it just to get him in the side? As that isn’t good enough.

In most walks of life you get rewarded for being exceptional at your job and you get the deserved remuneration , Sterling asking for another £50/100k a week whilst enduring the worst run of form since joining our club is astonishing , but it is now the norm in top class football.
Clubs reward players with hefty contracts so they dont lose a them on a free transfer , Sterling looks like a player who needs a new challenge the only problem the "established" clubs are skint , so he is'nt going anywhere soon. We can only hope Pep can cajole a semblance of the form we know he is capable of , excellent player on his day , but there is something not right with him , i dont think sees eye to eye with Pep at the moment and it needs sorting.

I think he runs his contract down and leaves at the end of it, I find it unlikely we’re going to offer him an upgrade on his wages with the performances he’s put in for nearly two years and he’s not going to take a cut.

There’s probably little motivation for him now as he knows how it’s going to play out.
He is going. No way we will pay £15m a year for him. I have always stuck by him but something is going on with him. He has been booted out of the leadership group this season too so clearly not seen as a leader.

Haven’t Madrid got anyone we could swap him for?

If he correctly controls the ball at any point in the match from any type of pass, I find myself raising my eyebrows in surprise. That’s when you know he’s bad, when you are astonished that he performs one of the basic, fundamental skills of football. He is a handicap. We have Grealish, Foden and De Bruyne, and we are putting a guy that can’t kick the ball how he intends to infront of them. Wasting their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.