Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Wow.

Just got in, and have to say that was one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long long time.

Fair fucks to Southampton, I thought they were really well organised and squeezed the lines unbelievably well. Interesting to see a team succeed at the Etihad without parking the bus,

We were utterly abysmal.

The 3 who stood out, for me, as being incredibly appalling and barely worthy of a 1 out of 10 were Dinho, Gundogan and Raz.

Dinho, for the first time personally for me, looked horrendous from the first minute, so far off the pace it was painful to watch.

Gundogan was like the Gundo from 2/3 years ago, did absolutely Jack shit other than give the ball away and hide from the simple passes.

Raz, well I just give up, given a chance for 90 mins and gives us that performance. As abject as you could ever wish to see, summed up by the inability to control an easy pass from Kev when in on the right hand side just before the end.

Grealish and Cancelo best players for us, rest were all bang average.
Pretty much sums it up that pal
Wow.

Just got in, and have to say that was one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a long long time.

Fair fucks to Southampton, I thought they were really well organised and squeezed the lines unbelievably well. Interesting to see a team succeed at the Etihad without parking the bus,

We were utterly abysmal.

The 3 who stood out, for me, as being incredibly appalling and barely worthy of a 1 out of 10 were Dinho, Gundogan and Raz.

Dinho, for the first time personally for me, looked horrendous from the first minute, so far off the pace it was painful to watch.

Gundogan was like the Gundo from 2/3 years ago, did absolutely Jack shit other than give the ball away and hide from the simple passes.

Raz, well I just give up, given a chance for 90 mins and gives us that performance. As abject as you could ever wish to see, summed up by the inability to control an easy pass from Kev when in on the right hand side just before the end.

Grealish and Cancelo best players for us, rest were all bang average.
pretty much sums it up pal,walked out of there in shock meself,cudnt belive how bad we were,didnt deserve to win and wudnt of bin a shock if southampton did,need too give there head a wobble after that because got tougher teams than that cummin up,was truely awful,sterlin just seems too let us down now ,has been like that for a while,hate to say it but it is true,theres just better players than him idd rather be in before him

Games like this happen every season. Nothing to worry about at the moment but it would be good to see Delap get some minuets.
Fully agree. There were 2 or 3 marginal chances, Gundogan header at back post, Silva sliding in on cross through the box, where a good striker could and would have scored. On a day when City don't play that well, that makes all the difference in the world.

It was just one of those games that a top team like City has a couple of times a season. No need for panic or dramas and remember we are not an outfit that needs ageing hasbeens after one last pay cheque to appease the idiot masses and mask over what an utter joke they are.

Worrying performance from us. Fair play to Southampton as they were up and at us, but we were off the boil today and not a good sign ahead of some tough fixtures.

One question though, is it offside if one player hits it, the keeper saves it, and another player who was offside for the first shot then puts in? I thought not, as last touch was from the keeper, unless the player who was offside was interfering with play. As an example, say a player has a long shot, keeper gets it and kicks it upfield, but it's a poor kick and goes to another player who was closing him down, who rounds him and scores.. legal goal?

But Moss must up for forced retirement now. Giving a free kick for Southampton because Ake hit the ball over his shoulder and it hit a Southampton player in the face.... Well ok then, if that floats your boat. No wonder he's giving penalties for things that didn't happen, he's joining the dots of what he didn't see in his head and making it up.
Confused with the offside meself,fodens header wasent a pass too sterlin it was a shot which the keeper saved,and foden put in the rebound,also sterlin wasent encroaching vision from keeper from fodens header ,unless sterlin did get a touch on finnish from foden but pretty sure he didnt on replay ive watched a few times its a strange one

You don’t drop points at home to teams outside the top 4 for a title challenge, centre forward is desperately needed. Grealish made a few crosses where a proper striker puts it away. CDM is now a massive problem with Rodri injured, Fern has been amazing for us but it just seems it’s one season to many.

The club has handicapped Pep with not getting a forward in, Southampton perfectly knew how to stop the false 9 other teams will as well. It’ll be a long season.

We do often. Last year WBA. 2012 Sunderland. 2018 Huddersfield. It happens. Now we have to reset & focus for a tough month ahead.

Maybe this will be a watershed moment like the draw with West Brom last season, after which we went on that long winning streak.

Or it might just be that we fucked up not signing a striker and a defensive midfielder with some energy.

Time will tell I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.