Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

Confused with the offside meself,fodens header wasent a pass too sterlin it was a shot which the keeper saved,and foden put in the rebound,also sterlin wasent encroaching vision from keeper from fodens header ,unless sterlin did get a touch on finnish from foden but pretty sure he didnt on replay ive watched a few times its a strange one
Yeah I thought the same, Foden was there for the rebound and appeared to get their first. Sterling really did have a stinker as he looks to have cost us two points.

Every season we have the occasional game like this , Wolves , Norwich , Leicester and Leeds , all come to mind , West Broms another , just got to put them behind you and move on , early days yet and chances are Chelsea , the rags and Liverpool will all have their own bad days at the office , where they unexpectedly drop points

Southampton played well and deserved their point. We were terrible. I can’t remember seeing us give the ball away so often in a long time.

Fernandinho had an absolute nightmare, Walker wasn’t far off. Cancelo may have been our best player today but he is such a poor defender - that’s how bad we were.

We were actually laughing in the ground about how bad Sterling is, terrible first touch and completely freezes in front of goal.

We need to get this out of our system very quickly and move on.

Bad day at the office - worst bad day for many years. That's all it was - a bad day. We haven't lost our ability to pass the ball better than any other team overnight. We were knackered as well - inexplicable bad first touches but no shortage of effort though. As for the disallowed goal, I haven't seen any replays yet but I said to my mate in the stand at the time that Raheem didn't need to touch the ball - looks like we've cost ourselves a goal. But that was in real time and as we all know, in real time it passes in a blur. I'll watch MOTD.

Agree with OntarioBlue. Southampton were very good, a real shock after Norwich and Arsenal. We were getting irate at the timewasting and hoping for another late Sterling winner against them but it would have been a travesty; they passed well and pushed men forward. Oddly, it's good to see the League with some strength in depth after than appalling show by the Cockneys.

We'll get over this performance.

We badly need a striker (not Ted either), we are very predictable and if a team defends well and organised, like Southampton did today, we have no plan B, il put my head on the block here and boldly state, we will not finish in the top 3

I agree. I’m sat way up in the gods in the 3rd tier of the south stand but my first reaction was a great fair tackle. Not seen it since
I watched it again an bein honest ,i actually do think it was a penslty,certainly clumsy,suprised hd got away with that

We badly need a striker (not Ted either), we are very predictable and if a team defends well and organised, like Southampton did today, we have no plan B, il put my head on the block here and boldly state, we will not finish in the top 3
We didn't need strikers for the last few home games
After saying that thought we had Torres,Jesus & Delap who can all score goals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.