Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I’m completely gobsmacked by what has happened this week and how sensitive some of our fan base are. Our manager passionately asked for supporters to get behind the team on Saturday as he believed they would need it after the exertions of midweek (which proved to be true). Somehow with the help of some poor media reporting and an element of our support with an apparent inferiority complex (including some clown from the USC) this has been interpreted as Pep offering criticism of our fans. Have I missed something? Do some of you really want to go to war with the club and our manager over this? The club haven’t done themselves any favours recently in some areas of supporter services and this weeks fiasco over the digital ticketing for seasoncard holders is one prime example, but surely people can’t be feeling this disillusioned even after a poor performance today? We are an elite club. We have a large fan base but not gigantic and we sell out our league games but rarely our cup games in the early rounds. It’s where we are, but we are still elite with one of the biggest fan bases in Europe. Please let’s chill out, get behind the team and the manager and save the criticism for when it’s really warranted.

The problem is that, as 'head' of the OSC, Kevin Parker is always going to be approached by the media for a comment on supporter related matters.
All he did was give his personal opinion, but that was reported as the view of all City fans. He was naive if he thought the largely anti-City media wouldn't turn his words into an attack on Pep.
It goes with the territory.
The simple fact is that if Pep hadn't gone on his unnecessary rant on Wednesday night, none of this would be an issue. Pep should stick to talking about football rather than rambling about bums on seats.
Indeed. None of them are faultless in this situation.

Anybody got that pic of the rags title parade in the pouring rain going down an empty main road near their ground ?

I’m completely gobsmacked by what has happened this week and how sensitive some of our fan base are. Our manager passionately asked for supporters to get behind the team on Saturday as he believed they would need it after the exertions of midweek (which proved to be true). Somehow with the help of some poor media reporting and an element of our support with an apparent inferiority complex (including some clown from the USC) this has been interpreted as Pep offering criticism of our fans. Have I missed something? Do some of you really want to go to war with the club and our manager over this? The club haven’t done themselves any favours recently in some areas of supporter services and this weeks fiasco over the digital ticketing for seasoncard holders is one prime example, but surely people can’t be feeling this disillusioned even after a poor performance today? We are an elite club. We have a large fan base but not gigantic and we sell out our league games but rarely our cup games in the early rounds. It’s where we are, but we are still elite with one of the biggest fan bases in Europe. Please let’s chill out, get behind the team and the manager and save the criticism for when it’s really warranted.
Its been skewed by the media and our own fanbase. Even on motd they introduced as a week were pep came under forw for critising fans attendance - can someone quote were he said that, i watched the interview live and dont recall him being negative at all, i remember him inviting more people to come and get behind the team. If i visted a relative and they invite me back the following week, does that mean they are having a go?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.