#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember back in the days when most ppl thought he is better than Sane
He was though. A couple of seasons ago I thought he was close to a world class standard. Took players on with ease, his finishing was good and he was just a handful for defences. That player we saw then is a thing of the past. I can’t really understand why he’s declined so much, it has to be mentality related.

Sane had more natural talent, but he never had the balls to kick on which Sterling did.

Pep is hanging him out to dry by playing him as a 9.

He moved him to the right and he looked much better. Then he got moved back inside.

It's infuriating.
He doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near this team at the moment
He has been awful for a long time
His decision making at critical times and finishing is not there
As such he needs to take a chance, pep will now just play people who are in form instead
To be honest I think he is done here

He doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near this team at the moment
He has been awful for a long time
His decision making at critical times and finishing is not there
As such he needs to take a chance, pep will now just play people who are in form instead
To be honest I think he is done here
I agree, he's never had the best first touch and his previous qualities are missing. Against Leicester when he came on I think we would seriously have been better with 10 men than playing with him as he continually gave the ball away. Is it a coincidence the only 2 games we have failed to win this season are the ones he has started in? I don't dig him out at the match and he'll always get my support on the pitch but he looks disinterested and I'd let him go for a nominal price, Italy may suit him or PSG exchange for Mbappe :-)

I love your kindness but I fear this has been going on for too long to be considered a confidence blip. I think we've reached the point where it would be best for all parts if we parted ways. Raz seems like a very nice guy and I wish him all the best.
After Raheem suffered years of abuse from the media and supporters of other clubs, it saddens me that we are heading in the same direction. He wasn’t the problem yesterday!

After Raheem suffered years of abuse from the media and supporters of other clubs, it saddens me that we are heading in the same direction. He wasn’t the problem yesterday!
You’re making the mistake of thinking they are the same thing. The media abuse was based around non-football related issues. The current situation is very much related to his on-field problems. You cannot expect his shocking performances to pass without comment. It’s not just the fans BTW, Pep has spoken loud and clear by dropping him like a stone from his previous untouchable position in the side.

sterling started last season badly but he was pretty good in jan/feb dont you think? had a fantastic game at the anfield. i think it was against monchengladbach 1st leg where he made a few wrong decisions and pep got angry and subbed him off after which things started to go downhill

He isn't a central striker. Pep switched it around at ht. He is either going to have to develop his game or move. I think he will move.

Grealish is a good player but we had 2 outstanding left sided forwards.

After a night to sleep on it, I'll comment that football is a game of inches, that goal stands and he's a hero even though he was shit the majority of the match.

As it stands, I'd be glad to see him go now rather than on a free, I don't think he's in our best 11. He's been terrible the last year or so and doesn't warrant a huge new contract. I'll be honest in admitting I'm still angry he started in the Champions league final even though that was Peps fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.