#47 | Phil Foden - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll play a lot once he's fully fit. I think he'll play false 9 a lot this season in my opinion. Might be the best finisher at the club, currently.
False 9 isn’t Phil’s position, remember him playing there in the first half against Liverpool last season he looked all over the place, second half played a bit deeper he took them apart.

False 9 isn’t Phil’s position, remember him playing there in the first half against Liverpool last season he looked all over the place, second half played a bit deeper he took them apart.

He did well enough there against Real Madrid.

I still think he's better off in midfield but I don't think you can write him off in any position just because of half a game against Liverpool.

He did well enough there against Real Madrid.​

I still think he's better off in midfield but I don't think you can write him off in any position just because of half a game against Liverpool.
He has played there alright but he is not at his devastating best there. When he is coming from the wing, because of his ability to go either way, he is a nightmare to any defender unlike a Mahrez for example (no insult intended, just an example).

My opinion of a best eleven would be:

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo
Rodri
Bernardo Gundogan
Foden De Bruyne Grealish​

I hope this was posted tongue-in-cheek

You’ve literally just posted the same team but with De Bruyne and Gundogan swapped around. And I’d rather play the best midfielder in the world in midfield.

You’ve literally just posted the same team but with De Bruyne and Gundogan swapped around. And I’d rather play the best midfielder in the world in midfield.
You play Rodri you need silva and gundog around him which gives us the head scratcher with KDB. It’s what I mean about not being able to put our best 11 players into one team. It messes with the dynamic.

We haven’t even mentioned stones Laporte Dias. Once we signed Grealish we needed to sell sterling/mahrez and invest that money elsewhere. Easier said than done though.

Looking at it again I’ll say it’s not bad. My idea is to give KDB enough freedom to roam around the area and allow the guys that have the legs to do the midfield grafting.

And since this is something we have experimented before with good level of success, then I don’t mind us trying it again. When we face the likes of Chelsea, I hope we can do something similar and hope for the best.

He has played there alright but he is not at his devastating best there. When he is coming from the wing, because of his ability to go either way, he is a nightmare to any defender unlike a Mahrez for example (no insult intended, just an example).

My opinion of a best eleven would be:

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Cancelo
Rodri
Bernardo Gundogan
Foden De Bruyne Grealish​
Very narrow and no striker. Playing our most creative player that far up is a waste of his best talents. Looks good on paper but think we’d still really struggle to break top teams down. No obvious answer though without a forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.