Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

I hope your right, but fear Rodri is going to be playing a lot of minutes this season and will be getting very little rest.
Lets hope it is just fear then. Logic given Fernas evident inability to play for a long period but long established ability to break up and manage play surely means he will be used as a nightwatchman kind of role at the end of comfortable games

Surely this should apply to the other top teams as well but none of them looked tired. So why did our players? Was it in their heads they were tired because pep said so?
Just what i said yesterday mate.
It's as if Pep told them they are tired before the game.
Just like he always seems to tell our players how big strong and physical utd are in the build up to a derby

Lacklustre performance.

Played as though we were doing the bare minimum to take the 3 points before a very tough week.

Backfired.

And as much as I love him, that performance by Fernandinho doesn't bode well for a man of his age. Worst I have seen him play for many a year.

Yep, shouldn't have given him a new contract. The club seems to always go for sentimentality to save a bit of money.

DM position is a weakness and now the club will be reacting to fill it rather than anticipating.

I am feeling a little conflicted now, in many ways us having a season where we struggle may be better for us in the long term as it keeps the focus on improving. On the other hand with Pep's limited time with us we really can't afford this to be that season.

its just a thought ?
should pep and the city players work on a panic routine and send up dias or a couple of the defenders to hit and play a sort of long ball.. i would like to see something else in the last 20 odd minutes if we are struggling to break teams down because it gets to easy to defend all the time

teams are happy to sit in because we don't have a target to hit. so why not play something else they have not work on
stones or laparte are great in the air. even if they are just getting to knock it down and play 2nd ball or somebody shoot's then its different

maybe bring in BFS as panic coach

its just a thought ?
should pep and the city players work on a panic routine and send up dias or a couple of the defenders to hit and play a sort of long ball.. i would like to see something else in the last 20 odd minutes if we are struggling to break teams down because it gets to easy to defend all the time

teams are happy to sit in because we don't have a target to hit. so why not play something else they have not work on
stones or laparte are great in the air. even if they are just getting to knock it down and play 2nd ball or somebody shoot's then its different

No

its just a thought ?

We already had Kyle Walker doing his medium throws in the champions league final and he tried to reprise it this season but clearly can't get enough distance for it to be effective.

Stones isn't that great in the air as threat, only really Laporte.

We already had Kyle Walker doing his medium throws in the champions league final and he tried to reprise it this season but clearly can't get enough distance for it to be effective.

Stones isn't that great in the air as threat, only really Laporte.

but i still think just putting a couple of big lads up there in laporte or stone changes the shape of there defence and they have to pick them up ? its sound silly but its the simple things that can work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.