Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

We are gonna be in a real scrap for the top 4.

no striker , and lacklustre midfielders who don’t like it when we aren’t 3-0 at half time.

be very surprised if we’re still in a title race come Easter.

but i still think just putting a couple of big lads up there in laporte or stone changes the shape of there defence and they have to pick them up ? its sound silly but its the simple things that can work
What happens when they win he ball back and our best defenders are in the wrong box?

Yep. Gundo might have had a hat-trick in the first half and he's normally so deadly. We had a bad day at the office. Not for the first time and it won't be the last. Pep just wanted us to appreciate him more by reminding us what it was like to watch a Stuart Pearce team.

We saw huge amounts of overreaction last season when things didn't go well but ended it 3 wins away from a clean sweep.

This season will be different but whether the outcome will be better or worse, I have no idea.

Come what may, I am sure that next summer, we will need to make some changes to the squad but right now, Pep has to reshape what he has got; hopefully into another trophy winning team.

I am very interested to see if Rascal's right that Foden will emerge as our false nine.

its just a thought ?
should pep and the city players work on a panic routine and send up dias or a couple of the defenders to hit and play a sort of long ball.. i would like to see something else in the last 20 odd minutes if we are struggling to break teams down because it gets to easy to defend all the time

teams are happy to sit in because we don't have a target to hit. so why not play something else they have not work on
stones or laparte are great in the air. even if they are just getting to knock it down and play 2nd ball or somebody shoot's then its different

maybe bring in BFS as panic coach
never played one long ball from ederson and most of our crosses are golf chips easy to defend against

Really, yesterday showed how good and important to this team he is, sadly he has become another one of our figures of hate, bizzare.
Hes an ok player, nothing more than that unfortunately, not the man that will drive us forward when things arent going our way. He's too slow and easily bypassed. Mind he's not alone in the slow department, we have an abundance of them around the middle. he's too safe for the most part with his passing, even in the twilight of his career Fern will try to fire it forward quickly, didnt come off a few times yesterday but it's hardly his fault if neither Jesus or sterling can make it stick.

Don't be surprised if next summer's window is as underwhelming as the last in relation to a striker. There's guaranteed competition to sign Haaland, so we'll back out early doors, and if a new face appears, it's most likely to come from the academy.
If we go back in for Kane again next summer, I'll chuck my season card away.
What’s this “season card” you speak of?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.