Southampton (H) | Post Match Thread

I think we have been spoiled the last few seasons, fans (including myself) have hoped and expected us to win most games by a large margin, but there are three or four very good other teams fighting for that top spot and they are not afraid to splash the millions around for top players or pay big wages.

Personally, I think it will be the Rag's year, signing Ronaldo was a masterstroke.

Time will tell, but we can't afford to drop too many more points.
I saw most of West Ham V Christiano United. West Ham should have been out of sight - turning the ball over from United time after time and getting into great positions in the box - albeit they didn't have most of the possession but they had CU where they wanted 'em. De Gea to the rescue time and again, but WH tired towards the end and CU got on top at that point. In open play, our strongest or near strongest eleven will comfortably outplay this United team who are getting tap ins from goalkeeping errors etc. They're going down the Portugal route - get it to the old git in the box. Against CU, we can only beat ourselves. Chelsea on the other hand are a million miles from CU. They're playing with a confidence that comes from winning the Ch L unfortunately. At some point they'll have a wobble. If we're within four points at Christmas and everyone's fit, I'll be very confident.

Feel like the mentality of “winners against allcomers” is missing from the team at the moment.

TBH, it always felt like it was going to be a Soton smash and grab, which make the Sterling offside even more disappointing, because I thought we had gone and grabbed it!

Last edited:
2 points dropped, we were awful, limited to 1 shot on target?

Fair play to Southampton, they played well.

Not sure why our goal was ruled out though, I'm sure Sterling didn't touch it.
Easy to say in hindsight, but he should have left it to the onside Phil who did everything right by following up on his header. Split second thing though - in the moment, like almost all players, he sees a goal and isn't thinking about on/offside.

Oh for a a Jimmy Greaves type striker up front. I fear until we replace Sergio we are going to struggle certainly against the better teams.
Will be struggling for a long time then
Greaves was a player in a million
Sergio is a player in a million
The likes of I don't think I will ever see again but I see where you coming from.

Easy to say in hindsight, but he should have left it to the onside Phil who did everything right by following up on his header. Split second thing though - in the moment, like almost all players, he sees a goal and isn't thinking about on/offside.

Yea we would have been mad it Sterling hadnt followed up ( if Foden hadnt )

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.