Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the team but there are some 1st team squad players who need to get a game to improve their fitness.
I would expect Steffen, Stones or Laporte (if fit), Zinchenko, KDB, Foden and Mahrez to start but the rest should be these kids.

As for us caring about this cup, i think Pep will be fully aware that we could break some records if we win it this season, so i expect this to be a high priority competiton for us.

"Liverpool and Manchester City hold the record for the most EFL Cup titles, with eight victories in the competition each. Liverpool's wins include four consecutive titles from 1981 to 1984, while Manchester City's include four consecutive titles from 2018 to 2021."
As for caring about this cup, I remember the 1976 win, and it felt like we won the world cup! , first big trophy in the modern era, A few years later my family visited the Bell Waldron Restaurant in Bury. Colin Bells place. There was a huge photo of Dennis Tueart, doing the overhead kick!. Got to love the League cup!

Great news about the inclusion of youngsters,as it should be.If a game against Wycombe,in the early rounds of the least prestigious competition,doesn't offer them hope and opportunity,then they may as well pack their bags.

As previous,this fixture has suddenly rekindled my interest :-)

Pep

“I don’t have any alternative but to play youngsters. We are going to play a few young players. Some players might rest for the games we have coming up ahead of us and yeah a few players from the Academy are going to play.”
“We will see after Sunday to make a good selection. It's a good opportunity for the Academy - that’s why they are there.”

---------------------------------------

I don't care the reasoning,its exciting news.

Pep

“I don’t have any alternative but to play youngsters. We are going to play a few young players. Some players might rest for the games we have coming up ahead of us and yeah a few players from the Academy are going to play.”
“We will see after Sunday to make a good selection. It's a good opportunity for the Academy - that’s why they are there.”

It is. Already had it in mind to ensure I made this game to see the academy lads play. Hopefully, McAtee et al play well

Could not care less about the League Cup this season. We seem to give it too much weight. Play the kids and give them game time.

In this round with respect to Wycombe we can play the kids and win, if we'd got them in the EFL cup or whatever it's called we'd expect a full kids team to get a result let alone a team with 5/6 in like hopefully we'll see tomorrow.

Pep

Put all the kids in, and the odd first team squad player that needs minutes.

This competition should be used as a stepping stone for our kids, a chance to see if they can make it at a high level.

My only concern about playing ALL the kids would be the media wank fest if we were to lose the game.
The team should be a mix of squad and EDS players with other squad players on the bench if we need to save ourselves from an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.