Who will be our main rivals this season?

I fear it could be over well before the clocks move.

Pep and the team seem to be looking for excuses even this early?

Liverpool and United haven't really played anybody of note yet, so I don't even factor them as contenders.

It will be Chelsea by December or we will somehow wake up these next two league games.
Liverpool have played Chelsea, them pair will finish1st and 2nd, not sure which order, us and utd 3rd and 4th, again not sure which order, not having a striker is going to cost us dearly, only my humble opinion of course

We will know a lot more after the next 2 premier games, we need close to a full squad to select from with Paris sandwiched in-between, we have 5 or 6 out injured at present and are thin across DM and CH.

Last edited:
I fear it could be over well before the clocks move.

Pep and the team seem to be looking for excuses even this early?

Liverpool and United haven't really played anybody of note yet, so I don't even factor them as contenders.

It will be Chelsea by December or we will somehow wake up these next two league games.
Liverpool have played Chelsea and also have a bounce back in their step and will challenge. So will the rags. As things stand I can see us in 4th place this season but far too early to throw in the towel.

I'd say Chelsea but maybe the question should be will we be their biggest challengers?

Id have Harvetz for starters....

Who is their left back...?

Id also have Kante
Would Havertz be in the top few places to get in our starting XI in the biggest game of the season ahead of de Bruyne Foden Gundo Bernardo Jesus Grealish Mahrez?

Forgot about left back but Cancelo, while erratic, is a better player than Chillwell and easily as good as the ex-Bolton and Sunderland lad.

This Chelsea team are nothing special. They’re just very well coached and are hard to play against. United and Liverpool’s attacks give me far more fear than Chelsea’s.

If there’s one thing we should all have learnt under Pep is that we are capable of smashing this league to bits. And we have a better team this season than we did last as we have Laporte back and playing well, a new position for Jesus who’s started the season excellently bar one game, and Grealish.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot depends on injuries.
Yep, and it's going to be a wierd season with the world cup in the middle. I think the teams with a lot of internationals will really flag towards the end - basically no real gap between the euros, the season and the world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.