Who will be our main rivals this season?

I don't think, like you, he's a fantastic player, he had a great period when linking up with David Silva, but the drop off has been noticeable since he left.

David always made players look better and I don't think Sterling is in the right head space to perform at the level we now require.

The drop off has been over 18 months, in terms of his overall quality.

Perhaps the style of football we play has caught up with him, because I don't see any justification for handing him improved terms, aside from protecting our original investment?

He'll be coming up for seven years at City and I think we've had the best of him.

Saw Barca linked with a loan move this January, but think that is wishful thinking on so many levels.

His runs off the ball are the premium aspect of his game, but his outcomes for basic fundamentals have always been an issue.
Just doesent suit team anymore in my eyes and we got better players than him ,its a shame as hes had sum great years at city,but it aint there anymore,cant see him gettin many chances this season now

It is seemingly a growing trend, certainly now in a post-Covid market?

Look at Pogba, similar last big contract of his career.

Getting to 27/28, players like him and Sterling know that no club is going to pay transfer fees of £100m for them, so they might as well wait and go on a free and get a massive signing fee.
Kane was valued at £150m at that age, but I do agree it’s a growing trend.

Particularly in sterling's case with a long period of poor form. Doubt any buying club will want to pay more than 40, but city would want 70 plus minimum.

Yep, and we can't even use him as a makeweight, because unless it is to somewhere like Barca, Madrid or Paris, he won't entertain it, nor would we agree to a top-four domestic rival - (maybe Arsenal at a very extreme push)

Sterling is already on £300k a week, so no club can improve on that unless he's on a free.

We're fucked, either way.

Our build up play now is far too slow and methodical to get the best out him, Pep has killed him on that front.

Mahrez, Grealish, Bernardo, all sacrifice lack of pace for technique.

Sterling can't count on technique.

I think Sterling is off, it smacks of Sane all over again, out of our control, despite our best efforts.
Sterling seemed to be close to Sane in the few clips I watched on the OS.So I can imagine his view on how that transfer was handled from a players perspective.

His situation has been ongoing now for nearly 18 months. It clear as day that he will run down his contract and imo sterling has made this decision before last season. You don’t go from playing at his level to the bumbling fool we see now without a major mental shift. The club should try and sell or offer as a swap if possible. His pedestrian performances are awful to watch.

I also think we are in quite a unique situation. Normally when players underperform the attention then turns to getting rid of the manager.

However, in our case the manager is not going anywhere, anytime soon and has full control of his players with the structure behind the scenes.

We are witnessing player discontent. Laporte, Bernie, Sterling, Cancelo, Sergio to a certain extent before leaving. The only difference between us and any other team is Pep.

Hypothetically, A lesser manager is moved on and the discontented players suddenly find form and start turning in world class performances citing a break down of relationship or the old chestnut of losing the dressing room. We witnessed it with Mancini and lost an FA cup.

So how do players react when they are in this situation with an immovable object in pep…play crap on the pitch and run down your contract.

City need to play a clever game and we tried by saying to players if you want to leave bring an acceptable offer to the table. As I say a unique situation and 1 we won’t see again once the boss leaves.

I don't think, like you, he's a fantastic player, he had a great period when linking up with David Silva, but the drop off has been noticeable since he left.

David always made players look better and I don't think Sterling is in the right head space to perform at the level we now require.

The drop off has been over 18 months, in terms of his overall quality.

Perhaps the style of football we play has caught up with him, because I don't see any justification for handing him improved terms, aside from protecting our original investment?

He'll be coming up for seven years at City and I think we've had the best of him.

Saw Barca linked with a loan move this January, but think that is wishful thinking on so many levels.

His runs off the ball are the premium aspect of his game, but his outcomes for basic fundamentals have always been an issue.
Barca move wishful thinking on our part I would say!!

The love affair with Pep and Sterling seems to be well and truly over from both sides.

Yep, and we can't even use him as a makeweight, because unless it is to somewhere like Barca, Madrid or Paris, he won't entertain it, nor would we agree to a top-four domestic rival - (maybe Arsenal at a very extreme push)

Sterling is already on £300k a week, so no club can improve on that unless he's on a free.

We're fucked, either way.

Our build up play now is far too slow and methodical to get the best out him, Pep has killed him on that front.

Mahrez, Grealish, Bernardo, all sacrifice lack of pace for technique.

Sterling can't count on technique.
I think when sterling got upset at being left out last season against Fulham he had to sort himself out and prove pep wrong
He has been shite ever since and at this point if sterling plays we are a far worse team for it
Can’t see him getting many more chances
Not sure anyone any good would want him at the moment
Maybe he started to believe his own hype too much

The love affair with Pep and Sterling seems to be well and truly over from both sides.

Based on....?

Just a few days ago Pep was telling everyone he knows Sterling will find form. He's playing him. He started him in the CL final.

The idea Pep is not keen on Sterling seems to exist only in the minds of the usual posters.

Based on....?

Just a few days ago Pep was telling everyone he knows Sterling will find form. He's playing him. He started him in the CL final.

The idea Pep is not keen on Sterling seems to exist only in the minds of the usual posters.
Sterling does not look in a good place in sky blue.

His attitude and performances for the National team are at a different level, says everything you need to know.

Players/managers have a shelf life at clubs, to me it looks like Sterling is at the end as far as we are concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.