Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we should pay but the problem we have that the guys who put the deals together seem to still think they can lo ball everyone and get away with it even though we basically lose out a great number of times to other teams . Take Kane for instance I don’t believe we actually put a bid in for him and all this £100 million bid was paper talk we should have bidded £120 million for him and it was take it or leave it because now all levy will say he didn’t sell because for one no bid came and it will be the same for haaland aswell we will cite raiola and not do business with him meaning that one of best strikers in years will go elsewhere . Would this have happened before the Barca boys came here
You must be one of the most boringly predictable posters on here.

I agree we should pay but the problem we have that the guys who put the deals together seem to still think they can lo ball everyone and get away with it even though we basically lose out a great number of times to other teams . Take Kane for instance I don’t believe we actually put a bid in for him and all this £100 million bid was paper talk we should have bidded £120 million for him and it was take it or leave it because now all levy will say he didn’t sell because for one no bid came and it will be the same for haaland aswell we will cite raiola and not do business with him meaning that one of best strikers in years will go elsewhere . Would this have happened before the Barca boys came here

The thing is, I see a lot of people complain that we get "ripped off" and also a lot of people complain that we "low ball". They can't win.

I dunno if it would have happened before the Barcelona boys arrived but you have to be fair to them: FFP is much harder to handle now. They have to be very careful and overall they've been fantastic.

Looking for our competition…

I think firstly he will want to play in the Premier League at some point, given his history…

There is only 3 teams as I really cannot see FSG paying what it takes.

City
Chelsea
United

I do think the Chelsea option has gone, but United worry me (they shouldn’t as with Ronaldo and Greenwood next season, I’m not sure they can justify Haaland). I also think if Pogba leaves on a free Mino will have took him from them for free, sold back for 90 million + 40 million for him, then took for a free again (would you pay him another HUGE agents fee). However, they are the biggest payers in our league (don’t let anyone tell you otherwise) on wages, agents fees and transfers. There squad is also very bloated so he could be signed on big money and the likes of Martial, Mata, Lingaard, Cavini would cover the wages etc.

The rest Juve and Barca cannot afford it (although you never know with those 2, but seems a long shot). So it leaves:

Bayern
Real
PSG

Bayern have the obvious spot with Lewandoski potentially making way at the end of the season, but I think he is ready for a bigger move and a different league. Would be tremendously safe move.

Real they would obviously pay what it takes, however they should have Mbappe and I just get the feeling that signing both would be too much and also lessen the impact.

PSG, know how to get a deal done, will be losing Mbappe. Say what you like about the french league, they do get the players. Real danger.

On us we have the obvious place in the squad, the best manager, great players, his Dad played for us and I’m sure we will offer an acceptable deal (even if not the largest on the table).

In short I think we are best positioned, however there are at least 5 clubs that are serious competition, so will be tough to get it done.

Things change, but the fact City maintained the Kane pursuit for as long as we did, suggests they will have some sort of inside track on Haaland's thought processes.

I think PSG have a good chance, just because of the Mbappe departure and it fits their recent MO. Haaland would score for fun in France and in five years time he will only be 26 and entering his peak years.

PSG showed by rejecting the Madrid bid for Mbappe, they don't care about resale/people walking away for free, if those are players who can bring them immediate success on the field.

Mino took Donnarumma to Paris and Haaland would be further assuaged by playing alongside Messi and Neymar.

Madrid are certainly the type of club who would consider Mbappe and Haaland in the same window, and think both are faves above Bayern.

If I'm looking at City at the moment, I'm asking about whether Pep will still be managing beyond next season.

Things change, but the fact City maintained the Kane pursuit for as long as we did, suggests they will have some sort of inside track on Haaland's thought processes.

I think PSG have a good chance, just because of the Mbappe departure and it fits their recent MO. Haaland would score for fun in France and in five years time he will only be 26 and entering his peak years.

PSG showed by rejecting the Madrid bid for Mbappe, they don't care about resale/people walking away for free, if those are players who can bring them immediate success on the field.

Mino took Donnarumma to Paris and Haaland would be further assuaged by playing alongside Messi and Neymar.

Madrid are certainly the type of club who would consider Mbappe and Haaland in the same window, and think both are faves above Bayern.

If I'm looking at City at the moment, I'm asking about whether Pep will still be managing beyond next season.
Do you think we might try for kane in the January window?

Kane does look like he's been affected by the transfer speculation, his performances have been poor, could this change Levy’s stance.

I just think he is still playing catch up with his fitness in an average team.

Can't see his £150m valuation being dropped by 50 per cent between now and January.

Looking for our competition…

I think firstly he will want to play in the Premier League at some point, given his history…

There is only 3 teams as I really cannot see FSG paying what it takes.

City
Chelsea
United

I do think the Chelsea option has gone, but United worry me (they shouldn’t as with Ronaldo and Greenwood next season, I’m not sure they can justify Haaland). I also think if Pogba leaves on a free Mino will have took him from them for free, sold back for 90 million + 40 million for him, then took for a free again (would you pay him another HUGE agents fee). However, they are the biggest payers in our league (don’t let anyone tell you otherwise) on wages, agents fees and transfers. There squad is also very bloated so he could be signed on big money and the likes of Martial, Mata, Lingaard, Cavini would cover the wages etc.

The rest Juve and Barca cannot afford it (although you never know with those 2, but seems a long shot). So it leaves:

Bayern
Real
PSG

Bayern have the obvious spot with Lewandoski potentially making way at the end of the season, but I think he is ready for a bigger move and a different league. Would be tremendously safe move.

Real they would obviously pay what it takes, however they should have Mbappe and I just get the feeling that signing both would be too much and also lessen the impact.

PSG, know how to get a deal done, will be losing Mbappe. Say what you like about the french league, they do get the players. Real danger.

On us we have the obvious place in the squad, the best manager, great players, his Dad played for us and I’m sure we will offer an acceptable deal (even if not the largest on the table).

In short I think we are best positioned, however there are at least 5 clubs that are serious competition, so will be tough to get it done.
It isn’t happening lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.