Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he chooses Bayern he's choosing a career in the Bundesliga as they'll never let him leave.

We need to go all in for this transfer. If he was our striker option we'd be incredibly hard to beat.
Is he bothered by that though? End up with 30+ trophies. Break all of Lewandowskis records and go down in history.

I will say though, I think we are going to see a shift in the transfer market. Mbappe and Messi leaving on a free is a huge change. More players will run down their contract and bank the signing on fees for themselves.

Is he bothered by that though? End up with 30+ trophies. Break all of Lewandowskis records and go down in history.

I will say though, I think we are going to see a shift in the transfer market. Mbappe and Messi leaving on a free is a huge change. More players will run down their contract and bank the signing on fees for themselves.

They absolutely will if clubs keep asking for insane fees to let them leave. Needed either way

He might not be. He might very well be happy with that. I'm just going off his comments about the PL being the greatest league - that suggests to me he'd like to play here.

To be fair Messi wouldn't have left if he didn't have to. But I agree more players will leave on a free, which I imagine could happen with Sterling.

However, Bayern are normally snapping up free transfers rather than losing them!

Sterling is running his down, but he will probably just fall over at the end of it

The rest Juve and Barca cannot afford it (although you never know with those 2, but seems a long shot). So it leaves:

Bayern
Real
PSG

Bayern have the obvious spot with Lewandoski potentially making way at the end of the season, but I think he is ready for a bigger move and a different league. Would be tremendously safe move.
Bayern are not willing to afford a transfer like this. That is why it is stupid to keep them into the mix. A transfer like this will not happen!

And Lewandowski is not making way at the end of the season. He will atleast fulfill his contract until 2023 even if I think that he even might extend the contract until his retirement - and he wants to play until 37 or 38. And he will be fit until then.

Things change, but the fact City maintained the Kane pursuit for as long as we did, suggests they will have some sort of inside track on Haaland's thought processes.

If I'm looking at City at the moment, I'm asking about whether Pep will still be managing beyond next season.

By the same logic, the fact City didn't really go for Kane in the end and decided to bin it, would suggest that thought process, or any other target we looked at, might he encouraging enough, otherwise surely would have gone a lot heavier for Kane.

I don't think we maintained the pursuit as much as is assumed. There was only really one supposed bid rumoured. At a push 2 if we try really hard to convince ourselves. Which to me feels like he was an option rather than the main target. Probably felt it was doable when the player wanted it, but at a much lower price, and walked away with lots of time left.

Lets see what January or next summer brings, so much can change by then.

On your final point, all the lore reason to target players that are right for the club, and not for a manager. Long term. Not that I think there is much in it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.