Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Absolutely bang on. Atmosphere does more for the club than people think. Look how popular Dortmund are to people who don’t care about the Bundesliga, purely down to atmosphere.
Could even be a decisive factor in signing a player or attaining more fans.

don’t get the point in going to a game and not making a racket, songs, flags, pyro all of it. For me it goes hand it hand. How can people go to a game to just sit there(elderly people I guess it’s different but not for anyone else).
It's difficult to cheer loudly at a build up of a dozen or more passes in a move no matter how intricate, skilful and well schemed the football is, until that killer pass goes in. By contrast a big lump upfield with a forward tear-arsing after the ball prompts an instant response from a crowd.
Waiting for VAR intervention and decision sucks away more excitement.
And that's without the turning up or down the crowd microphones to create a certain impression and the commentators raising their voices for the same thing.
Give me the magic we've seen and will see anytime. I can watch park football on the park.

Genuinely curious, as I might have a small chance of relaying this to someone at the club...what does everyone think all the problems are currently re the matchday experience, the issues around attendance/atmosphere etc are and what would you do about them? All suggestions welcome.
For the love of God, change the Blue Moon version before kick off.

Keep it slow, let people join in.

It’s sanitised , I sit east stand lower and lost count of people moaning and tutting when supporters stand up singing or encouraging the team .
Genuine question: Do you want to 'sit' in East Stand Level 1 or would you prefer to 'stand' and, if you'd prefer to stand would you be prepared to move to do so officially? We need a bigger 'safe standing' area that encompasses 2 levels in my opinion but because we've made 3/4 of Level 2 premium seating it would have to be the North Stand, not being adjacent to the away fans might help the noise travel as well. For it to get maximum effect it would mean people who want to stand being prepared to relocate. Again personally I'd hope that prices in the standing stand encouraged the more vocal amongst our support to move there and create the atmosphere.

Just for the record. I'll repeat it again. The away fans aren't going anywhere. They will be there for good, whether we as City fans like them being there or not.

I’m in lower family stand. I’m a couple of weeks off 60 and try and get songs going. What a bunch of melancholy bores surround us. Can’t even get the younger ones singing. They look round at you and start laughing as if it’s something strange to do.

You have to understand the H&S and fear of anything going wrong paranoia running through the club from top to bottom. It's absolutely frightening. I've had 1st hand experience of it at a meeting. The reasons and excuses used by the club were unbelievable. In fact they were laughable. The club relented in the end, months later, and guess what, there weren't any issues or problems on the night, bar some personal abuse I took. :-) "You can stick your megaphone up your arse!"
Well that’s worrying, sounds like it will never improve.

We've got some weird obsession with the necessity of away fans for atmosphere. The loudest sections of most other stadiums happen to be nowhere near the away fans. Even the Palace 'ultras' are at the opposite end.

Of course there's banter back and forth every stadium you go but we seem overly reliant on it for some bizarre reason.

Agree with adopting a 'home end' but where the away fans sit shouldn't come in to it. All blues together in either the South stand or the North stand doesn't make a difference, its the together part which is important imo.

One more thing - whichever side we do adopt as a 'home end', it'd be better if we opted to shoot that way in the second half of games imo. Not that the north stand done us any harm (93:20) but for loads of games that extra bit of noise when we're trying to break teams down could help contribute to a point or two or more to the point, if the players respond to it then it helps drive the atmosphere further in the stand too.
Totally agree. This obsession with away fans comes from those near them. When you sit away you realise that the atmosphere is often better with few away fans because the two singing ends cn hear each other.

Totally agree. This obsession with away fans comes from those near them. When you sit away you realise that the atmosphere is often better with few away fans because the two singing ends cn hear each other.

having away fans near the south stand has made no difference whatsoever to the atmosphere. Unless you count swearing at the away fans as atmosphere.

Or switch it off better still. Dreadful dirge.
Let the fans do the build up. We used to be quite good at it before we became customers.
True but that fast paced bollocks is the worst.

I like the idea of singing it, or anything, before kick off. Again, say what you like about Liverpool or even Spurs but that slow build up and song certainly adds to the atmosphere, even Palace.

We do that Blue Moon and after 5 seconds nobody can sing along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.