Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 - Tue 21 Sep 19:45 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id play Lavia for starters in this...time to see if he can make the first step...with no Gundo or Rodri he has to rest Ferna so for me he Lavia has to start.

If Delap is fit id play him as well - jesus needs a rest so Mahrez out ont he rigth side and sterling needs to play his way into form so get him on the pitch.

Dias and Cancello arent going to play according to Pep so Ake must start but who plays centre half alongside him considering Stones and Laporte are both injured?

Foden will most likely start Im guessing.
Why would Jesus need a rest he's played 5 games of football 1 as sub since start of season, if he needs a rest he's picked the wrong career.

Bit of a dilemma for the club, but surely the first team has to take precedence.

Bit of a dilemma for the club, but surely the first team has to take precedence.

This happens every season. Usually they rather the kids play for the EDS than sit on the bench for the first team for whatever reason.

This happens every season. Usually they rather the kids play for the EDS than sit on the bench for the first team for whatever reason.
I think tomorrow is a bit different though, tbh. The amount of injuries we already have, coupled with three extremely difficult away games on the bounce, means that there will be far more youth players involved against Wycombe than would usually be the case.

Pep doesn't want to use youth, so he makes all kinds of excuses. Is this really a complicated problem? Isn't the 1st team the top priority?
Yes,the EDS game isn't important.It should be an afterthought once the Cup squad is sorted.

Ask the kids themselves where they'd sooner be playing.....?

I think tomorrow is a bit different though, tbh. The amount of injuries we already have, coupled with three extremely difficult away games on the bounce, means that there will be far more youth players involved against Wycombe than would usually be the case.
You’d certainly hope so. First team league games need to be priority here so that means adjustments need making for this tie. You’d hope our 21s could cope against Doncaster

The annual carabao Cup selection hype:

Fans think the first team players need a break, and are excited to see youth players get a chance against weaker opposition, etc.

In practice what happens is that the club wants to win everything, first team squad players who haven't played / are recovering from injury need game time, some aspects of the first team's game need fine tuning (build up, this time) before next big game, fixture clash with EDS...

So Pep picks a first team squad, perhaps one youth player in the starting line up (Palmer?), we struggle to find our rhythm, but win 2 or 3 nil. Delap comes on in the 78th minute. We all moan about youth not getting a chance and second string squad players not being good enough. Repeat and repeat next cup fixture / season.

But then we eventually win the cup in front of a below capacity crowd at Wembley and so we're all spoiled by the success and it was much better when we were struggling under Stuart Pearce.

Personally, I would like to see: Lavia, McAtee, Delap and Palmer all start. But then I'm not Pep and can't win at football manager without cheating.

I hope the kids that are given the opportunity grab it with both hands tonight. Let's see how capable they look. Lavia should be certain to start given Dinho is now our only fully fit DM. Likewise, Dias should be nowhere near this.

The only first teamers I'd advocate starting would be Cancelo, Foden, Torres, and Mahrez. If the youth play to anywhere near the standard I've heard they're at, they should control it enough for that senior attaking trio to get the job done. If we progress, keep giving the youth the games; it could establish them this season and the reality is we have bigger objectives to fulfill.

And if we go out tonight, at least it frees up some of the calendar in the congested business end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.