Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is possibly true Ric, but I think this is an open goal as its so wrong, in the current climate, with Coronavirus, inflation, back of furlough etc, I think we would receive a sympathetic ear.

The club in this instance would be sticking up for the fanbase, but also laying down a marker for the press. If nothing else it might galvanise the club a little, rather than continue with what feels like two separate entities, the club and the fanbase.
I think you make a good point. Sending out a message of intent to the press at this time would not be a bad idea. That said you have to pick your battles carefully. You can't ban someone for just criticising the club. It's a free country. But plenty of people in the media have gone way beyond that by publishing false information. We certainly need to be more proactive. A front-foot interview from Khaldoon would go down well with the fans. It does feel that the club is drifting a bit off the field.

The Star's jumped on the bandwagon now saying thousands of unsold tickets for tonight's game "as the row goes on" and could be the lowest attendance since Pep took over,no mention of any other stats with other clubs,Twats !

They never put our attendances in context with any other club do they? I would have imagined we got the same amount that Liverpool got on Saturday but you don’t hear them questioning their manager about their lunatic supporters.

The league cup is something that Liverpool football club devalues and does not want to be in every season, if they don’t care why should we as supporters? Just as Liverpool’s owners don’t care about the champions league judging by the Super league stunt in April, so once again why should we care?

If we respond then it just prolongs the story. The press move onto to their next narrative very quickly. If the rags lose a game it will be Ole out. If Lukaku doesn't score against us it will be flat track bully. In the bigger picture nothing they say matters, we will clean up for trophies again and they are left with a story on a few blue seats showing. Covid has taught me shit out negagtiovity, I suggest blues do the same with newspapers

head line in the Express this morning " fANS DEFY PEP" only 25,000 tickets sold.
Also does anybody know what the attendance was at the dippers on Saturday i can't find it in any of the papers I have read

I think you make a good point. Sending out a message of intent to the press at this time would not be a bad idea. That said you have to pick your battles carefully. You can't ban someone for just criticising the club. It's a free country. But plenty of people in the media have gone way beyond that by publishing false information. We certainly need to be more proactive. A front-foot interview from Khaldoon would go down well with the fans. It does feel that the club is drifting a bit off the field.
They don't need to ban anyone yes. Just use the big platform that is the city website and keep putting down the false narrative and fake news

They don't need to ban anyone yes. Just use the big platform that is the city website and keep putting down the false narrative and fake news
Yes. It just seems strange that the club does not respond to negative and false stories. We just seem happy to leave false information out there. There are lots of things we can do which don't involve banning people (a tactic that rarely works) or legal action (the nuclear option). We are just totally passive in the way we manage comms. We still haven't made a clear statement to the thousands of our fans affected by the ticketing meltdown (so far just a comment from Danny Wilson).
For example I am going tonight but there is no communication on whether the special buses are running (they didn't on Saturday). This is basic stuff. From an outside view it looks like our customer service operation has essentially collapsed.

It’s obviously not that simplistic. Ban a journalist from the ground for something like that, and we’d have a far bigger shitstorm in the press about Abu Dhabi censorship and suppression of free speech.
Whilst I would love nothing more than select personnel being banned or at least made to pay their way, this definitely would become the narrative............

if we aren't going to ban them, then a least get a few in our pocket, it's what certain teams in red do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.