Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

It should be an open megaphone night tonight at the Etihad. ;-)

Even Pavarotti would struggle to get the atmosphere going tonight.

It should be an open megaphone night tonight at the Etihad. ;-)

Even Pavarotti would struggle to get the atmosphere going tonight.

Oh well just call me Placido Domingo then because I’m going to give it a go!
If you are anywhere near the front of CBL1 please join in. I’ll be the one standing waving a scarf when we sing Blue Moon and shouting at the opposition players to get their hands/feet off our players and leave them alone! Or telling the opposition manager to get back in their technical area!
A lot of the folk on my row appear not to have renewed this season and I am doing it alone again!!
But, like my team I will never give in, I’ll shout to the end! :-)

Oh well just call me Placido Domingo then because I’m going to give it a go!
If you are anywhere near the front of CBL1 please join in. I’ll be the one standing waving a scarf when we sing Blue Moon and shouting at the opposition players to get their hands/feet off our players and leave them alone! Or telling the opposition manager to get back in their technical area!
A lot of the folk on my row appear not to have renewed this season and I am doing it alone again!!
But, like my team I will never give in, I’ll shout to the end! :-)

I'll listen out for your voice echoing around the Etihad. When it reaches me in SSL1, 115, I'll join in and bounce my voice back to you.

Why does atmosphere bother people so much? It’s always been average bar the odd game since I started going in the 70’s.
Firstly because it can give the players a boost and increase City's chances of success (which should be enough reason in itself).

Secondly because of the tribal nature of football. We want to be the best both on the pitch and off it. It's a representation of Manchester as a whole and we have pride in where we're from. Going and singing at a football match is a public display of community and comradery in an otherwise bleak and depressing world. It's like asking why do people sing hymns in church. It's feeling part of something, and we want our 'something' to be better than everyone else's because we're competitive bastards.

Just going through all of the forum topics it seems that we’re really at a low point as a fanbase. An underlying resentment seems to be simmering about alot issues regarding the match day experience and treatment from the press. The club needs to make an effort to address these soon otherwise the atmosphere and match day attendance will decline further.

Just going through all of the forum topics it seems that we’re really at a low point as a fanbase. An underlying resentment seems to be simmering about alot issues regarding the match day experience and treatment from the press. The club needs to make an effort to address these soon otherwise the atmosphere and match day attendance will decline further.
Obviously with success comes a different set of pressures,but it's sad that at the most successful period in our clubs history we seem more disgruntled than ever.
It's maybe a societal thing, where in general more people are happy to air their grievances these days.
We were always great at not taking ourselves to seriously and finding a laugh in the most trying of times,let's get a bit of that back.

Why does atmosphere bother people so much? It’s always been average bar the odd game since I started going in the 70’s.

Because it’s an intrinsic part of the match. It’s like an adrenalin rush.

Having never been to Millwall away, I can only guess what the atmosphere was like inside the ground.

It’s also a reminder of great games, great feelings, and it makes certain matches stand out in peoples memories. (1 example of many being Hamburg at home)

Because it’s an intrinsic part of the match. It’s like an adrenalin rush.

Having never been to Millwall away, I can only guess what the atmosphere was like inside the ground.

It’s also a reminder of great games, great feelings, and it makes certain matches stand out in peoples memories. (1 example of many being Hamburg at home)
Some good gallows humour on my first trip to Millwall. We sang “going down” to them and they replied with, “You’re going down with the Millwall”.

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.