Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why we are where we are. The problem is maintenance of performance when Pep leaves.
Which brings us back to the OP!

Personally, I'd prefer to see a lot more flexibility in our style of play when Pep goes, as I find pass, pass, pass rather unentertaining against packed defences.
If Txiki stays, it will almost certainly be more of the same; ie, Enrique. If I'm being honest, I'd rather see Klopp than him.
I would just love someone with a proper PLAN B…..not just throw on the subs between 65 and 70 minutes…Pep is so stubborn especially when he’s got the team selection so horribly wrong.

I would just love someone with a proper PLAN B…..not just throw on the subs between 65 and 70 minutes…Pep is so stubborn especially when he’s got the team selection so horribly wrong.
But is still the best and wins more, nobody is perfect and what makes him great also is what sometime makes him fallible. You take the rough with the smooth. With Pep there is a greater proportion of smooth than almost anyone else.

So just throw a big man on to lump it up to. Because let's face it, when bores throw out this plan B stuff that's what they mean. Thinking a manager who has evolved the game more than most over the last 20 years has nothing to offer but make a sub at a certain minute for the sake of it or just gets his team to pass for the sake of it is simplistic thinking at its best.

But is still the best and wins more, nobody is perfect and what makes him great also is what sometime makes him fallible. You take the rough with the smooth. With Pep there is a greater proportion of smooth than almost anyone else.
For all Pep’s flaws his sides still have played the best brand of winning football that any of us has seen from City . Only Mancini’s 2011/12 side has come near in my opinion.

I see Pep signing on again for a further 3 years
Can't see that happening. I think he's already made his mind up to leave in May 2023 whether or not we've won the CL.

Seven years is a long time for a coach to stay at one club in the modern game. Ten years is almost unthinkable. The days of Ferguson and Wenger running clubs single-handedly are long gone. Elite clubs don't operate like that any more.

I expect the 2024 World Cup will see him coaching a national team. That's the only challenge left for him.

That's why we are where we are. The problem is maintenance of performance when Pep leaves.
Which brings us back to the OP!

Personally, I'd prefer to see a lot more flexibility in our style of play when Pep goes, as I find pass, pass, pass rather unentertaining against packed defences.
If Txiki stays, it will almost certainly be more of the same; ie, Enrique. If I'm being honest, I'd rather see Klopp than him.

Tbf to Enrique his style is much more direct than Guardiola. His Spain team this summer were quite entertaining, flinging balls into the box from all over the place. Sadly for them their strikers are shite.

Pellegrini also, while very attacking, wasn’t cut from that same cloth as Guardiola/Cruyff so clearly we will be a bit flexible. Someone like Simeone would be a total non-starter, but I’d not be surprised to see us go for one of the younger German coaches or of course Enrique.

So just throw a big man on to lump it up to. Because let's face it, when bores throw out this plan B stuff that's what they mean. Thinking a manager who has evolved the game more than most over the last 20 years has nothing to offer but make a sub at a certain minute for the sake of it or just gets his team to pass for the sake of it is simplistic thinking at its best.
Although there's an element of truth in there, it's a bit presumptuous to think that every 'plan B' will involve simply lumping the ball up to a Niall Quinn type for the last 10 minutes of a game.
Modern coaches don't all rely on the Sam Allardyce / Graham Taylor book of football, even though that can be the right thing to do and works perfectly well sometimes.

Fans don't give a shit how the ball hits the back of the net if their team is 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go. They don't care if comes from a long ball or tika taka - They just want to see the coach offer something more than introducing substitutes doing more of the same.

It's a simple game, sometimes keeping it simple is the best thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.