Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although there's an element of truth in there, it's a bit presumptuous to think that every 'plan B' will involve simply lumping the ball up to a Niall Quinn type for the last 10 minutes of a game.
Modern coaches don't all rely on the Sam Allardyce / Graham Taylor book of football, even though that can be the right thing to do and works perfectly well sometimes.

Fans don't give a shit how the ball hits the back of the net if their team is 1-0 down with 5 minutes to go. They don't care if comes from a long ball or tika taka - They just want to see the coach offer something more than introducing substitutes doing more of the same.

It's a simple game, sometimes keeping it simple is the best thing to do.
Haha! I recall the last 5 mins of the CL final revolved around Walker trying and failing to launch long throws into the 6 yard box. That's as simple as it gets.

That's why we are where we are. The problem is maintenance of performance when Pep leaves.
Which brings us back to the OP!

Personally, I'd prefer to see a lot more flexibility in our style of play when Pep goes, as I find pass, pass, pass rather unentertaining against packed defences.
If Txiki stays, it will almost certainly be more of the same; ie, Enrique. If I'm being honest, I'd rather see Klopp than him.
You're being generous with the unentertaining bit, boring more like.

Haha! I recall the last 5 mins of the CL final revolved around Walker trying and failing to launch long throws into the 6 yard box. That's as simple as it gets.
That's Pep's plan B,C, and D sorted then.

We need someone who can totally change a system during the half time break, and has the guts to make the necessary substitutions early rather than at 65/70 minutes.

That's why we are where we are. The problem is maintenance of performance when Pep leaves.
Which brings us back to the OP!

Personally, I'd prefer to see a lot more flexibility in our style of play when Pep goes, as I find pass, pass, pass rather unentertaining against packed defences.
If Txiki stays, it will almost certainly be more of the same; ie, Enrique. If I'm being honest, I'd rather see Klopp than him.
I would rather eat shit than see klopp at city, he can fuck right off the bingo faced twat

That's Pep's plan B,C, and D sorted then.

We need someone who can totally change a system during the half time break, and has the guts to make the necessary substitutions early rather than at 65/70 minutes.
So you’re saying get rid and bring in somebody else who has more nounce than Pep, somebody capable of changing the game and knows more tactics. Cool.

So just throw a big man on to lump it up to. Because let's face it, when bores throw out this plan B stuff that's what they mean. Thinking a manager who has evolved the game more than most over the last 20 years has nothing to offer but make a sub at a certain minute for the sake of it or just gets his team to pass for the sake of it is simplistic thinking at its best.
Simplistic is thinking the only other option other than pass pass pass pass is lump it up.

Pep or Wimbledon gotcha. Big chasm in between.

Simplistic is thinking the only other option other than pass pass pass pass is lump it up.

Pep or Wimbledon gotcha. Big chasm in between.
No, I was saying those who say we need a plan B usually mean lump it up. It seems in your haste to jump in you haven’t actually got me.

I would just love someone with a proper PLAN B…..not just throw on the subs between 65 and 70 minutes…Pep is so stubborn especially when he’s got the team selection so horribly wrong.
That shows your enormous ignorance of football.

The manager regularly makes channges to the way we play throughout games. Because you don't know anything about the game you follow you didn't see them.

Here's one example from Saturday: it became obvious that we weren't building properly from the back so he made Gundogan drop back alongside Fernandino at half time to provide us with link up play. He makes changes like this all the time to respond to what's happening on the pitch.

People who say "we have No Plan B" usualyl have so little football knowledge that the only change to the system they would actually recognise would be sticking on Peter Crouch and hoofing it up to him every time you go a goal down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.