Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re saying get rid and bring in somebody else who has more nounce than Pep, somebody capable of changing the game and knows more tactics. Cool.
I never said 'get rid'. I'm talking about his eventual replacement.

Don't assume that Pep is the only coach who could get the best out of our current squad, with a few additions, or that he has cornered the market on tactics.

Let's face facts...whether we like it or not, Tommy Tootle has had Pep in his back pocket tactically over the last two games. Largely down to Pep brain farting at the worst moment, but it's clear that he had Pep on the back foot and overthinking.

Saturday was a classic example of Pep not making the right changes at the right time. He's only human.

I never said 'get rid'. I'm talking about his eventual replacement.

Don't assume that Pep is the only coach who could get the best out of our current squad, with a few additions, or that he has cornered the market on tactics.

Let's face facts...whether we like it or not, Tommy Tootle has had Pep in his back pocket tactically over the last two games. Largely down to Pep brain farting at the worst moment, but it's clear that he had Pep on the back foot and overthinking.

Saturday was a classic example of Pep not making the right changes at the right time. He's only human.
I think Agueros brain fart was responsible for one of those games but don’t disagree too much about the gist of what you’re saying. He won’t be here forever so we will see what comes next.

Edit, the Aguero moment was the game before the two you mentioned but I genuinely believe the next results could have been different had we won that league game.

Last edited:
I think Agueros brain fart was responsible for one of those games but don’t disagree too much about the gist of what you’re saying. He won’t be here forever so we will see what comes next.

Edit, the Aguero moment was the game before the two you mentioned but I genuinely believe the next results could have been different had we won that league game.
100% correct..

I would just love someone with a proper PLAN B…..not just throw on the subs between 65 and 70 minutes…Pep is so stubborn especially when he’s got the team selection so horribly wrong.
The manager who has revolution football the most in the last 25 years doesn’t have a proper plan B…If you think the only way to change plans is to sub in players, then I can see how you criticize Pep for everything.

No manager would have won last PL without a proper 9.

Thankfully you seem to be a minority, and the club will be planning more of the same after Pep, so most of us will carry on being entertained with great football.
Not much exciting about a thousand short passes and don't work the keeper at the end of it. Sure we rack up 5 goals against cannon fodder. Its games like Saturday that Pep needs to find a way to win. A lot of what we do is too slow giving the opposition no matter how limited they are plenty of time to set up a defensive wall. I think when De bruyne, foden and Grealish play together we might up the pace a bit, at least I hope so.

You're being generous with the unentertaining bit, boring more like.
If you ask for the best national_teams ever, everyone will say either 1974 Holland or 1970 Brazil. A lot of people would even say 1982-1986 Brazil. With clubs, most would say Ajax 1971-1974, Milan 88_94 or Barca 08-12. There are other teams that have won as much. Some have won even more. Why are these teams the best? Because how they played. And when Pep’s gone, most people will consider this City the best PL team ever. Why? Because how we play.

You can find it boring, but be sure of something. You are in a super minority, and none football expert would share your opinion.

Not much exciting about a thousand short passes and don't work the keeper at the end of it. Sure we rack up 5 goals against cannon fodder. Its games like Saturday that Pep needs to find a way to win. A lot of what we do is too slow giving the opposition no matter how limited they are plenty of time to set up a defensive wall. I think when De bruyne, foden and Grealish play together we might up the pace a bit, at least I hope so.
You seem to think there are other types of football that are 100 % effective, there aren’t, all teams sometimes have games like Saturdays. The fact Peps teams win more games score more, win more trophies break records pretty much prove his style is more effective than most if not all others.
If you think its a thousand short passes to not work the keeper you need to watch more. We frequently play a long pass to turn teams around in fact what we missed on Saturday were some of Laporte’s longer switches. If you’d asked Pep after the game he’d have said we were too slow, that’s the team not doing what he wanted not the tactics.
Whatever whether Pep extends or we get a new manager in 2 years, I am fairly certain it will be a similar style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.