Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Agueros brain fart was responsible for one of those games but don’t disagree too much about the gist of what you’re saying. He won’t be here forever so we will see what comes next.

Edit, the Aguero moment was the game before the two you mentioned but I genuinely believe the next results could have been different had we won that league game.
An equally stupid Aguero brain fart was at Barcelona under Pellegrini. Although 1-0 down at the time, we were (thanks mainly to Joe Hart) well in the game and had them on the back foot. Then the penalty... perfect height, under powered, the save cost us the game imo.

But once again I digress... As you say, we'll have to be patient and see what comes next.

(We Bluemooners don't tend to do patient very well...)

;-)

If you ask for the best national_teams ever, everyone will say either 1974 Holland or 1970 Brazil. A lot of people would even say 1982-1986 Brazil. With clubs, most would say Ajax 1971-1974, Milan 88_94 or Barca 08-12. There are other teams that have won as much. Some have won even more. Why are these teams the best? Because how they played. And when Pep’s gone, most people will consider this City the best PL team ever. Why? Because how we play.

You can find it boring, but be sure of something. You are in a super minority, and none football expert would share your opinion.
Being the best team ever doesn’t necessarily mean that it doesn't get boring at times.
I have a friend in Barcelona who gave up his season ticket at Camp Nou for that very reason, and only goes to the 'big' games.
A lack of decent opposition kills the game, regardless of how great a team is, and that applies in every sport, at every level.
Some City games have been downright dull in the past few seasons. Not Pep's fault... the opposition's. We should give them a chance to liven the game up!

I never said 'get rid'. I'm talking about his eventual replacement.

Don't assume that Pep is the only coach who could get the best out of our current squad, with a few additions, or that he has cornered the market on tactics.

Let's face facts...whether we like it or not, Tommy Tootle has had Pep in his back pocket tactically over the last two games. Largely down to Pep brain farting at the worst moment, but it's clear that he had Pep on the back foot and overthinking.

Saturday was a classic example of Pep not making the right changes at the right time. He's only human.
I don't think so. Every player was below par. i don't think tactics came into it

Here's one example from Saturday: it became obvious that we weren't building properly from the back so he made Gundogan drop back alongside Fernandino at half time to provide us with link up play. He makes changes like this all the time to respond to what's happening on the pitch.

I obviously missed the positive difference that made to our game on Saturday... Whatever Pep tried, we were still shit.

I think Agueros brain fart was responsible for one of those games but don’t disagree too much about the gist of what you’re saying. He won’t be here forever so we will see what comes next.

Edit, the Aguero moment was the game before the two you mentioned but I genuinely believe the next results could have been different had we won that league game.
FA cup game was the first, followed by the league then CL - Aguero pen was in the league game

I obviously missed the positive difference that made to our game on Saturday... Whatever Pep tried, we were still shit.
Sorry, where did I say it worked?

In any case, you’re not a City fan, your a Mancini fan. Anything that anyone at the club does is shit to you since the day they saw through your hero.

I suspect every trophy since has hurt you a bit more hence the incessant bitterness on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.